Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Anyone sending to Palgai this summer? Fashion tips?

bliss1

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 8:15 am
My dd is going to Palgai this summer. It’s her first time going to sleep away camp (12yo) and she doesn’t know anyone going. We’re from OOT and I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me with what styles the girls will be wearing.

We’re relaxed OOT Chassidish (I guess?) and from what I hear the camp is Bais Yaakov-heimish-yeshivish, so feel free to chime in if you’re not sending there but know the type.

Some specific questions:
Do they wear long skirts or only midi/below the knee?
Knee highs? (My dd wears thigh highs - would that be weird?)
Styles like mineral wash, tie-dye - too unrefined?
What do they sleep in? (Leggings and a tshirt? Matching pj set?)
What are the “in” sneakers? (My dd has the sock-shoe type, or whatever they’re called)

Anything else I should know?

Please help her not be the nerdy out-of-towner! Much appreciated!

bliss1

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 6:20 pm
Bump

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 6:25 pm
I have a daughter the same age also going to camp for the first time, different one also yeshivish
I literally don't know the answers to any of your questions!
We live kind of in town- Flatbush;)
The world is so small now I don't think nerdy out of towner exists
You can be nerdy or cool from anywhere

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 7:14 pm
bliss1 wrote:
My dd is going to Palgai this summer. It’s her first time going to sleep away camp (12yo) and she doesn’t know anyone going. We’re from OOT and I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me with what styles the girls will be wearing.

We’re relaxed OOT Chassidish (I guess?) and from what I hear the camp is Bais Yaakov-heimish-yeshivish, so feel free to chime in if you’re not sending there but know the type.

Some specific questions:
What are the “in” sneakers? (My dd has the sock-shoe type, or whatever they’re called)

The girls wear knees socks during the week and pantyhose on shabbos. T-shirts and maxi skirts (younger grades sometimes wear shorter skirts too not just long).
Mineral wash and tie-dye are worn in small amounts (either tee or skirt, not both together).
For PJs most wear leggings and t-shirts. There will always be some that wear nightgowns.

bliss1

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 7:30 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
The girls wear knees socks during the week and pantyhose on shabbos. T-shirts and maxi skirts (younger grades sometimes wear shorter skirts too not just long).
Mineral wash and tie-dye are worn in small amounts (either tee or skirt, not both together).
For PJs most wear leggings and t-shirts.

Thank you!

sweet

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 8:02 pm
My daughter is going back to palgai for the second summer.

So nice that your sending from o.o.t.
There was 1 girl in my daughter's age grp that was not from bp, monsey or lkwd.

I see the person above responded..
The only thing we didn't realize was that they only did laundry twice a half. So your daughter really needs 12 tops and skirts.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 11:06 pm
Is this for going into 7th?

bliss1

Post Wed, Feb 16 2022, 1:04 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Is this for going into 7th?

My daughter is going into 7th, yes.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 2:58 pm
Laundry was done weekly except for the 9 days... so it depends when she is going - fo rthe 9 days you'll need more clothing

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 1:21 pm
Any update if they're opening up for this summer?

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 1:54 pm
bliss1 wrote:

Some specific questions:

Oh my gosh you’re stressing like this about fashion for a 12 yr old? Can't Believe It

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 1:58 pm
Oh come on! Come on! Of course she's asking! Her daughter is going alone without peers! She wants her kid to fit in and be accepted. She is asking about things that are in her control that she can do to ease the way. Surely you've heard of bullying? Surely you've heard of exclusion? These are not foreign concepts one would think. And her daughter is taking a risk. She just wants to make sure that she will look appropriate. That is very very normal. Please don't make this into some sort of ridiculous fashion question. Its not. Its just not.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 2:02 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
Oh come on! Come on! Of course she's asking! Her daughter is going alone without peers! She wants her kid to fit in and be accepted. She is asking about things that are in her control that she can do to ease the way. Surely you've heard of bullying? Surely you've heard of exclusion? These are not foreign concepts one would think. And her daughter is taking a risk. She just wants to make sure that she will look appropriate. That is very very normal. Please don't make this into some sort of ridiculous fashion question. Its not. Its just not.

‘What do they sleep in?’ You mean she has to have ‘in’ pj’s too?

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 2:05 pm
Of course not! But if every single girl is wearing leggings and a short sleeve tshirt and she comes out of the shower wearing a frilly high neck night gown, her bunkmates may snicker (after a pro-longed shocked silence) and hurt her feelings.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:36 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Any update if they're opening up for this summer?

Anyone??

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:03 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Anyone??

I heard they plan on opening
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics