Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Low carb no sugar, what am I doing wrong?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 11:58 pm
I started a low carb no sugar diet, I eat 5 rice cakes with cream cheese for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and some type of protein for supper with a salad. I was very careful not to cheat at all the first week besides Shabbos I had a piece of challah at each meal and I had a piece of cake. I weighed myself after a week on it and I gained 1 and a half pounds, why?

miami85

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:21 am
Something may be causing you to retain water. Look into the "whoosh effect"

https://steelsupplements.com/b.....er-it

Last edited by miami85 on Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:26 am
Try going lower carb. Rice cakes, challah and cake are definitely not low carb foods.

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:42 am
Rice cake not good for low carb
As for challah I did the oat matzah which is really good
Mornings I did eggs n salad
Ever heard of the Royo bread it’s low carb bread

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 1:35 am
Maybe try upping your fats and paying attention to your calories and not overeating.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:53 am
Sometimes eating too little could also cause not to lose weight. It slows your metabolism. Your body needs the carbs. If you don't eat carbs it wontbe possible to maintain the diet.

Every meal eat a carb. But skip the processed ones. Of course limited. Little potatoes, rice, rice cake, rice pasta per meal. With lots of veggies. Skip the bread, regular pasta, ...

I used to do similar to what ur eating and at night was starving and didn't lose anything. Once followed a diet plan that allowed more carbs by each meal than I always did I started losing.

notna

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:31 am
Add some protein to your breakfast. It may help

losingweight

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:38 am
If you'r eating too few calories, your body will hold on to whatever you're feeding it. If you're doing low carb, breakfast should be a big omelet with veggies. One or two rice cakes.You need some snacks of nuts and protein like yogurt. Maybe add a fruit also as a snack. Good luck!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:58 am
amother OP wrote:
I started a low carb no sugar diet, I eat 5 rice cakes with cream cheese for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and some type of protein for supper with a salad. I was very careful not to cheat at all the first week besides Shabbos I had a piece of challah at each meal and I had a piece of cake. I weighed myself after a week on it and I gained 1 and a half pounds, why?

Rice cakes are not low carb!

You need more fat in your diet! I do low carb but I know many people it don’t work for.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:53 am
Thank you! I'm going to cut out the rice cakes, any ideas besides eggs for breakfast?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! I'm going to cut out the rice cakes, any ideas besides eggs for breakfast?

They make a low carb disc that is sold in the Jewish stores you might wanna try one .

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:00 am
amother OP wrote:

3 min flax bread with cream cheese or any protein filling

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89nhQOtMd7o

Low carb only works ALL or nothing
Every time you eat carbs it takes at least 3 days (if not more) to get back into ketosis
So if you are eating hamotzi on Shabbos you are defeating the low carb diet
The idea of low carb is to switch from sugar burning to fat burning so that you stay satisfied for longer and eat less

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:19 am
every body type is different and not every diet will work for everyone based on so many factors. are you able to see a dietitian to customize a plan for you? sometimes you can even find one covered by insurance.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:26 am
Your body can only be altered safely (and non surgically) so much. It’s a myth that everyone’s body can be changed through diet and exercise to look like a size small.

You are not doing anything wrong. Your body’s normal healthy weight is the weight at which you are with moderate exercise + normal eating (enough calories a day, enough fats and protein and carbs a day…)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise