Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
ISO High School Girls Entrance Exam info
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 3:11 pm
Does anyone know when it is?

care4u

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:24 pm
Ask your school!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 5:12 pm
care4u wrote:
Ask your school!

My daughter is not in a school that knows. That’s why I asked. (I did reach out to the vaad, but I’m nervous they won’t get back to me so soon)

keym

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 5:32 pm
There will be announcements in all the Lakewood publications around a week in advance.
Alternatively you can call Bas Faiga.
Previous years, the exam is in the beginning of January.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 5:33 pm
keym wrote:
There will be announcements in all the Lakewood publications around a week in advance.
Alternatively you can call Bas Faiga.
Previous years, the exam is in the beginning of January.

Thank you!

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:14 am
I'm also interested. I am moving this summer from Brooklyn IY"H. I tried calling schools for applications and was told girls can get them at the entrance exams.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:26 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
I'm also interested. I am moving this summer from Brooklyn IY"H. I tried calling schools for applications and was told girls can get them at the entrance exams.

Yes, the girls have to go for an engine's exam and then they receive a huge packet with applications for every school in Lakewood in a little bit of information about each one from the school. You then have about a week to get it back in and then they start calling people down for interviews.
That's when the 'fun' starts, with the school pushing and you pushing and your cousin's friend's uncle pushing lol.
Official letters last year only came out two to three weeks after pesach, but if your schools on top of things, you will usually know before if you are in somewhere or not. Obviously, if you're not from Lakewood, you will not have this advantage.

keym

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:35 am
I want to comment that last few years Bnos Bina and the Satmar High School did not join with all the other schools at the entrance exams.
If you're Chassidishe and considering those schools, you need to do your own legwork.
But Bais Leah and Maayanos (two heimishe/Chassidishe schools) are part of the joint entrance exam.
Just fyi.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:48 am
keym wrote:
I want to comment that last few years Bnos Bina and the Satmar High School did not join with all the other schools at the entrance exams.
If you're Chassidishe and considering those schools, you need to do your own legwork.
But Bais Leah and Maayanos (two heimishe/Chassidishe schools) are part of the joint entrance exam.
Just fyi.

Belz also not and Klausenberg is opening high school next year as well.

Lkwdmom4

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 1:02 pm
I heard through the grapevine that the entrance exam will be January 15th. I did not confirm.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 1:13 pm
Lkwdmom4 wrote:
I heard through the grapevine that the entrance exam will be January 15th. I did not confirm.

Thanks!

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 4:26 pm
Lkwdmom4 wrote:

Please update when you know for sure.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 4:34 pm
Lkwdmom4 wrote:

Yes that’s what my daughters school told us at our meeting - it’s Jan 15

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 10:06 pm

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 12:35 pm
I have questions.

Where does this entrance exam take place?

Do the girls need to be registered for it?

Is there anything else I should know?

Pardon my ignorance (I don't live in the Lakewood area yet).

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 12:39 pm
Usually bais Faiga.
Most of us won't know about registration because our children were usually coming from Lakewood elementary.
Maybe Google the Vaad and see if someone there can answer your questions, or call one of the high schools where you want to apply.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 12:40 pm
It’s usually at bais Faiga on a Sunday morning. The girls don’t have to register because they have the names of all the 9th graders in Lakewood. At the entrance exam they get envelopes with applications for all the schools. Then u have a week to return application with pictures and transcripts and phone numbers of teachers and $30 so you can start working on printing pictures and getting transcripts

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 6:20 pm
I was just at a Channuka party and according to the peanut gallery I heard these unconfirmed rumors:

1)There are 175 more girls then school seats

2)Bais Fagia, Bnos Melch, & Nemass started taking applicants now

3)Orchas Chaim & Nachlass are starting a High School

Any truce in any of them?

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 6:26 pm
The only part I know about is that yes, Meon (Bnos Melech) starts taking applicants much earlier than anyone else. Like they're pretty much done their process.
Don't know about the rest.
(What's Nemas? Do you mean Meiras?)

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 6:28 pm
amother Marigold wrote:

(What's Nemas? Do you mean Meiras?)

Probably, not sure what all high school names
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries