Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Convince me it's worth going to Miami alone
Previous  1  2

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 7:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi thanks for all the responses.

I was thinking to take a 7pm flight, land at 10, sleep in a hotel near the beach, spend the entire next day on the beach, go out to eat, and head back to the airport for 830pm flight.

But y'all scaring me now that its not worth it. I could potentially add another day, but has to be really worth it. (leaving dh alone with 2 little ones, he's happy to do it for me, but I think 2 days is more than he bargained for, unless its eally worth it for something specific)

What else can I and should I do in Miami alone?
Also forgot to ask, what restaurant is worth going to for dinner? Where should I go for brunch kind of thing to bring to the beach with me?

I wouldn't do that, it's way to exhausting and doesn't seem like a vacation for me. If you can only get away for 24 hours, it's best to stay local.
I think Harbor Grill for dinner is the best. Street Kitchen comes in close. For Brunch, Rustiko, cafe vert, cine citta.

mizle10

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 7:45 am
If you land at 10 the earliest you will be in bed is 12. Until you get off the plane, get to your hotel, and check in. You'll be tired in the morning and need to head back to the airport by 6:30. It's very short. Would it be an option to take a late morning flight the next day? Sleep over for 2 nights?

Highstrung

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 7:52 am
You need to give yourself real relaxation time between the traveling , otherwise you are defeating the purpose of vacation. What you describe sounds like a stressful day away from home rather than a real relaxing break.
You need to go for at least 2 days.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:00 am
I try to go myself every year. I absolutely love it. But 2 days would be the minimum for me. I don’t go out to eat, I order on uber eats and eat in the hotel/ at the beach. Go for it!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:58 am
I would definitely do it! Even just the plane ride without kids sounds appealing to me.
Beach all day.

happyone

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:07 am
I've done same day miami and overnights. Issue became that hotels couldn't commit to early check in or check out so unless I paid for a second night I may have to check in after 4 and out at 10 or 11. If sitting by a beach , I wanted a good shower before traveling and a place to keep my bags. Just something to have in mind.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:10 am
With 24 hours I would do a staycation, go sleep at a nice hotel with a great spa and go see a show.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:16 am
I just came back from a 3 day / 2 nights solo vacation to Miami. It was amazing! Definitely would do 2 nights minimum

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:18 am
amother Bisque wrote:
I just came back from a 3 day / 2 nights solo vacation to Miami. It was amazing! Definitely would do 2 nights minimum

Where did you stay?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:21 am
I did 48 hours with a friend, though it was short it was still great because that's all I was able to do. You need that one day where there's no coming from the airport or heading to the airport.

lora

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:24 am
Depends on your personality. if you enjoy being Introverted, yes. if you are an Extrovert and will feel funny eating out alone or sitting by the beach alone, you wont enjoy it, if you are an Extrovert who can strike up a conversation and make friends anywhere, yes.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:26 am
amother Marigold wrote:
Where did you stay?

Trump hotel and ate at Mozart. Was planning to do one night the dairy restaurant and one night the grill restaurant but the meat restaurant closed down so got sushi at the dairy one the second night.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:27 am
amother Bisque wrote:
Trump hotel and ate at Mozart. Was planning to do one night the dairy restaurant and one night the grill restaurant but the meat restaurant closed down so got sushi at the dairy one the second night.

Trump Doral?
Thanks

vandm

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:21 am
yes. but not for 24 hrs like people have said.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:24 am
amother OP wrote:

I was thinking to take a 7pm flight, land at 10, sleep in a hotel near the beach, spend the entire next day on the beach, go out to eat, and head back to the airport for 830pm flight.

But y'all scaring me now that its not worth it. I could potentially add another day, but has to be really worth it. (leaving dh alone with 2 little ones, he's happy to do it for me, but I think 2 days is more than he bargained for, unless its eally worth it for something specific)

Also forgot to ask, what restaurant is worth going to for dinner? Where should I go for brunch kind of thing to bring to the beach with me?

Most hotels make you check out at ~10:00 or 11:00am. I think it is really not worth it.

rgh

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:00 pm
amother Bisque wrote:

What was your itinerary.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

Whoops, editing because I misread!

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:56 am
amother OP wrote:
I've really been wanting to go to Miami; never been there before. I could really use a vacation and it's sounds so amazing but we have nobody to watch our kids. ;(

My husband has been trying to push me to just go alone for 24 hours.
Is it worth it? What I really want is beautiful weather, sun/ beach maybe some water sports and I've heard there is amazing food.

Has anyone done this and did you enjoy? Where did you eat? How did it work, you like went out to eat alone?

YES! I did this twice when needed vacation desperately. I would never find someone to go with and husband stayed home to watch the kids. Besides, he wouldn't enjoy it as I just wanted to relax on the beach with a good magazine. It was amazing. I was there for 2 nights and was able to walk locally to kosher food establishments to eat. I absolutely loved it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics