Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is quarantine for exposure ll a thing? (NO POLITICS PLEASE)

NO POLITICS should we stay home if exposed to covid but test negative (JPF)
Everyone stays home  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Nobody cares, covid is already all over the neighborhood (JPF community)  
 54%  [ 44 ]
No point because you would have spread it yesterday anyway  
 35%  [ 29 ]
Other  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 81

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:33 am
Please please please do not derail this thread with politics, I just want to know what to do...

Covid is going around my neighborhood so I know we're not the only ones carrying it around. DH just tested positive, he tested because some coworkers have it and he has been waking up with headaches since Sunday which is unusual for him. Now he's also coughing but wasn't before.

I tested myself and the kids and we're negative (his test was BRIGHT positive. Also I have spotted positive pregnancy tests at 3 weeks so I am very very sure our covid tests are negative.)

Obviously dh called off his work until at least next week.

What's the deal with the rest of us? The kids go to a frum middle of the road school (I.e. not chasidish or ultra yeshivish, also not modern) and I work in a more yeshivish school where they openly laugh at covid.

I have been sleeping with DH but the kids barely saw him yesterday because he was out at work from early to very late, Sunday they were all in and out of home more but didn't really hang together, that was his first day of any symptoms.

SO. The question is do we all need to stay home or only DH?

In my yeshiva for sure I don't think it would be reasonable for anyone to be upset at me for coming in with exposure because I am 100% sure there are already multiple people doing so. Otherwise I would feel morally responsible to keep it out of the building.

For my kids the question is more that they weren't close to DH so I think they're less likely to spread it at all. The layout of our home is pretty spread out, they were barely in the same room at all and when they were it was the dining room which is open on both sides and they weren't right next to each other except maybe very briefly on Sunday.

PS if dh started having the headaches on Sunday then we were all getting whatever exposure we were getting since Shabbos at least, and we were all already at work and school yesterday, so is there anything left to gain by staying home now when we already breathed on all the same people?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:41 am
I would keep testing everyone every morning and they stay home if there's a positive test or any symptoms (I got symptoms a full day before testing positive). Otherwise let them go. They're probably not the only one exposed in their class.

You can have them wear a mask if you really want, but I wouldn't push it.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:45 am
The kids I would send to school. You can test everyone daily for the next week but with a negative you can live your life. You were more exposed but I would still be ok with a negative test.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:46 am
I didn't think of it as symptoms but both of my kids complained of headaches I think Sunday. I wouldn't think much of it except that was dh's main symptom. Yesterday they were very tired in the morning and had a hard time getting out but after school and evening they seemed fine to me.

I haven't been feeling great but I'm pregnant so just assumed that was the beginning of pregnancy symptoms and nothing else. Negative covid test seems to confirm that but you never know.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:06 am
Nope not anymore

refuah shleimah!

Bshaah tova!

paperflowers

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:09 am
I’m pretty sure the official guidelines are that you do not need to quarantine for exposure.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:13 am
Quote:
I’m pretty sure the official guidelines are that you do not need to quarantine for exposure.

I'm pretty sure even the CDC says no more quarantine even with known exposure
My kids school sent an email in the beginning of the year that they're treating Covid like any other illness. Stay home 24 hours after fever clears. That's it. No quarantine, no testing, no keeping siblings home...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:19 am
paperflowers wrote:

Cool! I was clearly out of date. Thank you so much everyone for the reassurance. I sent the kids to school anyway because I think they were barely exposed, and I plan to go to work because my workplace has that culture where if anyone cares they know what they're getting into by going there.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:29 am
Quarantine for exposure is very different than your kids who had symptoms. Quarantine for exposure means if you are asymptomatic and were exposed, you don't quarantine. But your kids likely are sick!

Symptomatic means you should test.
If they test negative then send them.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:42 am
Quote:
Quarantine for exposure is very different than your kids who had symptoms. Quarantine for exposure means if you are asymptomatic and were exposed, you don't quarantine. But your kids likely are sick!

She wrote in her post that they all tested negative

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:45 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Quote:

I'm pretty sure even the CDC says no more quarantine even with known exposure
My kids school sent an email in the beginning of the year that they're treating Covid like any other illness. Stay home 24 hours after fever clears. That's it. No quarantine, no testing, no keeping siblings home...

All my schools sent the same email at beginning of the year and they were pretty strict with quarantine in 2020-2021.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:48 am
You aren’t contagious if you’re testing negative.
Test every day but live life normally unless you test positive.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:12 am
Continue to test and wear a mask when I go out.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:05 am
No testing and definitely no masks. If they’re sick let them stay home until they feel better.
Testing them every day? Enough already

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:09 am
amother Ginger wrote:
No testing and definitely no masks. If they’re sick let them stay home until they feel better.
Testing them every day? Enough already

Definitely test them. If they are negative and feel fine then no need to stay home. Good luck.

When we tested positive sat night.. daughter was negative. She went to school Monday with a mask. By Tuesday she too was positive.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:15 am
amother OP wrote:
Please please please do not derail this thread with politics, I just want to know what to do...

Covid is going around my neighborhood so I know we're not the only ones carrying it around. DH just tested positive, he tested because some coworkers have it and he has been waking up with headaches since Sunday which is unusual for him. Now he's also coughing but wasn't before.

I tested myself and the kids and we're negative (his test was BRIGHT positive. Also I have spotted positive pregnancy tests at 3 weeks so I am very very sure our covid tests are negative.)

Obviously dh called off his work until at least next week.

What's the deal with the rest of us? The kids go to a frum middle of the road school (I.e. not chasidish or ultra yeshivish, also not modern) and I work in a more yeshivish school where they openly laugh at covid.

I have been sleeping with DH but the kids barely saw him yesterday because he was out at work from early to very late, Sunday they were all in and out of home more but didn't really hang together, that was his first day of any symptoms.

SO. The question is do we all need to stay home or only DH?

In my yeshiva for sure I don't think it would be reasonable for anyone to be upset at me for coming in with exposure because I am 100% sure there are already multiple people doing so. Otherwise I would feel morally responsible to keep it out of the building.

For my kids the question is more that they weren't close to DH so I think they're less likely to spread it at all. The layout of our home is pretty spread out, they were barely in the same room at all and when they were it was the dining room which is open on both sides and they weren't right next to each other except maybe very briefly on Sunday.

PS if dh started having the headaches on Sunday then we were all getting whatever exposure we were getting since Shabbos at least, and we were all already at work and school yesterday, so is there anything left to gain by staying home now when we already breathed on all the same people?

THE FIRST THING EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW IS IF YOU TEST NEGATIVE ON A RAPID TEST, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU DON’T HAVE COVID!

THE RAPIDS ARE NOT ACCURATE! You must do an overnight PCR test to get accurate results! Many places won’t automatically give it to you, you must insist!

My child tested negative on rapid and positive overnight. And I’ve heard from doctors that a negative rapid does not mean you don’t have it!

OP it’s nice that you want to protect others. If only everyone else cared about others like you do.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I didn't think of it as symptoms but both of my kids complained of headaches I think Sunday. I wouldn't think much of it except that was dh's main symptom. Yesterday they were very tired in the morning and had a hard time getting out but after school and evening they seemed fine to me.

I haven't been feeling great but I'm pregnant so just assumed that was the beginning of pregnancy symptoms and nothing else. Negative covid test seems to confirm that but you never know.

Yes, headaches are a known classic symptom of covid.
And please take care of yourself especially since you’re pregnant.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:16 am
paperflowers wrote:

Not true. I was told 5 days

paperflowers

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:26 am
amother Clematis wrote:
Not true. I was told 5 days

I thought the 5 days is just if you are symptomatic or test positive after exposure. I looked it up recently.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics