Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Simchas in immediate family question

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 2:18 pm
When you're planning for a family simcha, are you happy and excited or are you looking forward to when it's over? I'm wondering if it's common to dread it, or if this is a reflection of other circumstances in my life that are making me feel this way?

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 2:21 pm
I get extremely drained by huge social obligations like simchas. I’m typically over the moon happy that the relative is getting married/bar mitzvah/ whatever while also consciously mentally prepping for the drain and excited to be past it

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 2:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
When you're planning for a family simcha, are you happy and excited or are you looking forward to when it's over? I'm wondering if it's common to dread it, or if this is a reflection of other circumstances in my life that are making me feel this way?

What are the other circumstances making it hard?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 2:40 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
I get extremely drained by huge social obligations like simchas. I’m typically over the moon happy that the relative is getting married/bar mitzvah/ whatever while also consciously mentally prepping for the drain and excited to be past it

I'm the same.
Recently we had two of DH nieces married. A long as I can leave wedding when I want I'm OK.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 2:46 pm
Hate it, dread it, hate being in the same room as so many people and putting smile on my face and saying mazel tov to everyone. I hated my own wedding for that reason. Although my wedding was the happiest day of my life. I wished I could make a 10 people wedding in the backyard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics