Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Therapist/mentor for parenting help-Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:45 pm
Does anyone know how I can find a therapist or parenting mentor? I've done a huge amount of work on myself, both in therapy and on my own. I can see that it helped my kids tremendously that I put in all this work. I would like to work with someone who can guide me in more effective parenting.

My parents are not role models is this area and although I've read many many parenting books, I feel I need both a coach and sounding board to help me with my children. I have no idea where to turn. Can anyone guide of where to find someone? Or do you have someone to recommend in Lakewood or who will work with me remotely?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:48 pm
Eta Miller

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:53 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
Eta Miller

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Can you please share a little bit of info about her/her style?

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:55 pm
Esther Rivka Nekritz does this

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:57 pm
I've never used him, but Baruch menashe adlin does the and makes a good impression on LinkedIn.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:22 pm
Relief recommended my therapist. I have a mental health diagnosis which is her specialty and she guides me a lot when it comes to parenting. It is a weekly thing though like most therapists.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:34 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:

She's booked up

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:36 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:

Ooh I actually know her and adore her. Maybe I'll give her a call. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

In case it doesn't work out, anyone else?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Can you please share a little bit of info about her/her style?

She is a therapist. I’m not so sure about her style, but I know she works with a lot of mothers and I’ve heard she’s good with this.

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:47 pm
I know Leah Trenk does this and people like her a lot. She's not a therapist. I guess she's a mentor.

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:49 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
She's booked up

Like most good therapists.

When you hear of somebody good you need to either get on their waiting list if they keep one or keep calling.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:50 am
And OP, if you find somebody good, can you update? I would be interested in such a thing as well. And as has been mentioned, my recommendation is booked at the moment...

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 12:56 pm
Dori Bucell
Supposed to be very good with parenting. She was highly recommended by my son's therapist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics