Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancun with kids
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 2:05 pm
We’re planning a Cancun trip - a few days in Cancun, a few days in playa .
Looking for beautiful, fun for the family activities . I’ve heard of xcaret park, rio secreto, xenotes, Cozumel with snorkeling, dolphins.
Anyone done this with kids (ages 5-15 ) and have any recommendations? Things that were amazing, or not so great?

I’ll take any info because I’m clueless.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 7:59 am
Anyone?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 9:39 am
Hyatt ziva in cancun is perfect for what your looking for. Kid friendly and close to food. Depending in the amount of days your trip is, I'm not sure its the best idea to change location mid trip. You can still spend a day in playa eat there etc and then drive back at night.
Speaking from my own family, I doubt my kids would like to switch hotels mid trip.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:09 am
Thanks. We’re already switching and I think will be fine for us . I’m asking more about daily excursions. Any great trips to recommend? I’ve heard of xenotes, rio secreto, isla mujeres, xcaret park, Maayan ruins ? Any details about trips would be so helpful.
Thanks!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:15 am
Be very careful traveling around in Mexico.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:17 am
Mexico is not safe now. I wouldn't travel around. Even in Cancun, you to do be vigilant and alert.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:18 am
Want to echo and emphasize these cautions!
Would not go off property especially with kids!
Please check out the situation before even going

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:19 am
Cancel it and go to Hyatt Bahamas or something

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:29 am
For those saying Cancun is unsafe, it is actually considered low risk for any kidnapping or other incidents. Do you have specific experiences that make you feel it’s unsafe?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. We’re already switching and I think will be fine for us . I’m asking more about daily excursions. Any great trips to recommend? I’ve heard of xenotes, rio secreto, isla mujeres, xcaret park, Maayan ruins ? Any details about trips would be so helpful.
Thanks!

Sorry my bad, got your post wrong about what you are looking for. Regarding activities I don't have any experience since we've always stayed on site.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:42 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!

Actually isla mujeres is something I definitely recommend, it's a full day activity

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:54 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Cancel it and go to Hyatt Bahamas or something

Is there kosher food there?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:01 am
amother OP wrote:
For those saying Cancun is unsafe, it is actually considered low risk for any kidnapping or other incidents. Do you have specific experiences that make you feel it’s unsafe?

There's lot's of gang fights lately, lot's and lot's of random shootings.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:04 am
Cartels violence have increased fighting for turf intensified due to open borders US policy

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:13 am
amother OP wrote:

Cancun has gotten a lot more dangerous it used to be safer.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 12:09 pm
(Rolling my eyes emoji)

Have any of you danger preachers actually been to Cancun? Or you just read news and enjoy fearmongering?

Last I heard there were several shootings and knife attacks in Brooklyn. Oh and Jerusalem had a terror attack. Don’t go there!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 12:16 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Actually isla mujeres is something I definitely recommend, it's a full day activity
yes this! You go I in these golf carts and explore the city.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 12:17 pm
There was actually a gang shooting right at the beach of Hyatt ziva. They came on jet skis and were shooting. So I don’t believe in fear mongering but I do believe in being educated.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 12:21 pm
amother Sand wrote:
There was actually a gang shooting right at the beach of Hyatt ziva. They came on jet skis and were shooting. So I don’t believe in fear mongering but I do believe in being educated.

Do you never leave your home? Do you wear bullet proof vests? Do you never travel by train, plain, bus? What a boring life you must lead.

Cancun is huge. There are thousands and thousands of tourists traveling there every month. There are hundreds of hotels there. The beaches are huge. The kosher restaurants are full of Jewish families round the year.

Isolated incidents make news because they are unusual.

Some people are Scared to have a life.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 4:19 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Do you never leave your home? Do you wear bullet proof vests? Do you never travel by train, plain, bus? What a boring life you must lead.

Cancun is huge. There are thousands and thousands of tourists traveling there every month. There are hundreds of hotels there. The beaches are huge. The kosher restaurants are full of Jewish families round the year.

Isolated incidents make news because they are unusual.

Some people are Scared to have a life.

Thank you ! I really just wanted to ask about daily activities for kids. Thank you to those who have made suggestions! If anyone has anything else I would appreciate.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics