Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Do you leave your doona in the car or bring into your house?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:50 am
FTM, curious what others do. I’ve been taking it in every time but we have steep basement steps to go down and I’ve just decided I’m only going to take the doona in if the baby is sleeping so as not to wake them.

The doona is so so heavy!! I don’t get how everyone uses it. I’m so scared of losing my balance and falling down the steps with it.

hodeez

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:53 am
I have a regular car seat that I keep in the car. Even if baby is sleeping I take him out bc he will anyways be transported to his crib

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:57 am
I used to take it out a ton and threw my back out. Now 95% of the time I take the baby out and leave it in the car. It’s not worth my back. If I’m going somewhere that I will need a stroller, I bring a travel one.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:58 am
I did until the baby was big enough like 5 months. but never used it for winter baby. I'm due iyh and wondering what will be. I don't' need filthy snowy/wet wheels in my house... that's when I HATE the Doona (but it was gifted to me and I wasn't spending money on buying a regular carseat when this one was free...)

thepickled

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:00 am
The whole point of the Doona is that you take in and out of the car and utilize the wheels to transport it around. But if it’s too heavy and not serving you, don’t use it that way and just leave it in the car.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:02 am
I always feel bad for people who are constantly schlepping the doona up and down their apartment steps. If baby isn't sleeping then take them out!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:04 am
thepickled wrote:
The whole point of the Doona is that you take in and out of the car and utilize the wheels to transport it around. But if it’s too heavy and not serving you, don’t use it that way and just leave it in the car.
The doona is good if you're running errands because most stores are ground level. But once steps are involved the doona is the worst. It's so heavy!

tichellady

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:08 am
it's not ideal for carrying up stairs. it's ideal for using as a stroller without stairs

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:10 am
Why are you lifting it up and down stairs? I roll it/ bump it softly like a carriage. Way too heavy to hold with a baby,

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:56 am
amother Aconite wrote:
Why are you lifting it up and down stairs? I roll it/ bump it softly like a carriage. Way too heavy to hold with a baby,

Oh interesting I never thought of bumping it down for some reason. I feel like the wheels are too flimsy. Maybe I should try it though if you do it and it works.

I once bumped it down the sidewalk and my baby screamed for a few minutes afterwards, it must have jolted her uncomfortably. Maybe I did it too aggressively though and need to learn how to do it more softly like you’re saying.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 12:03 pm
Yes I do, that's the whole point. Especially in winter, how do you take baby out warmly dressed ,& then safely buckle into cold car seat. In the carseat at home baby gets bundled under the warm carseat cover.

Re stairs, I do several stairs very carefully, I would be very cautious re going down an entire flight, you don't want the handle to disconnect.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 12:06 pm
amother Aconite wrote:

Be really careful doing that. I have heard many people had the handle break off and the whole seat goes flying.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 1:02 pm
Cant imagine lifting it, it is super heavy.

I have a friend who lives up 2 flights and never brings it up.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 1:23 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Be really careful doing that. I have heard many people had the handle break off and the whole seat goes flying.

So scary!!! I bump my reg stroller quite often and this never occurred to me!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics