Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancun with kids
Previous  1  2

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 4:23 pm
Xcaret hotel is expensive but has huge, gorgeous grounds and gives you free access to the xcaret park. I loved staying there. Something to think about. Their grounds are so cool and fun to walk through.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 4:27 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Do you never leave your home? Do you wear bullet proof vests? Do you never travel by train, plain, bus? What a boring life you must lead.

Cancun is huge. There are thousands and thousands of tourists traveling there every month. There are hundreds of hotels there. The beaches are huge. The kosher restaurants are full of Jewish families round the year.

Isolated incidents make news because they are unusual.

Some people are Scared to have a life.

Lol you sound really pathetic attacking people personally. I wrote I like to be educated - not I don’t go. I actually am a travel writer so I travel all the time and to many unusual locations but I do make sure the area is safe when I’m with my kids. Same way that the Jewish communities in Mexico Peru and South Africa are most careful and even gasp use bodyguards so that they are their children can be safe.
She can go to Cancun and should but also she can be on alert when traveling that there has been an uptick in gang violence - even happening in safe American style resorts.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 4:35 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
Xcaret hotel is expensive but has huge, gorgeous grounds and gives you free access to the xcaret park. I loved staying there. Something to think about. Their grounds are so cool and fun to walk through.

Thank you! We booked a different resort. But interested in the xcaret park . Is the xcaret park amazing? What specifically do you do there ? Would there be something to do for kids ages 5-15?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 6:26 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Do you never leave your home? Do you wear bullet proof vests? Do you never travel by train, plain, bus? What a boring life you must lead.

Cancun is huge. There are thousands and thousands of tourists traveling there every month. There are hundreds of hotels there. The beaches are huge. The kosher restaurants are full of Jewish families round the year.

Isolated incidents make news because they are unusual.

Some people are Scared to have a life.

Bh our life is far from boring without visiting dangerous countries. Of course we leave our home. Without bulletproof vests. But we don't choose to go on vacation to a place where it's been unsafe lately. There's been a drastic decline in tourism lately in Mexico. It's been quite bad the past few months. The drug cartel's and gangs are fighting and killing each other's as well as random people on the street. Drug gangs are ruthless and extremely dangerous. They have full control. The police are even afraid of them. Knowing this information, I don't understand how someone would choose to put themselves and their family in danger. There are safer places to vacation at.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics