Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Horn Honking at Night
Previous  1  2

Do you honk a lot as a driver?
Yes! Drive or I beep!  
 13%  [ 21 ]
Not really  
 34%  [ 54 ]
Never! It’s for emergencies only  
 36%  [ 57 ]
sometimes but not at night  
 12%  [ 20 ]
Other (comment!)  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 156

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 7:06 pm
Im a NYer and I use my horn every so often. I only use it when it'll actually do something like if someone isn't paying attention when the light is green or someone is trying to merge on top of me. I commute an hour each way so I do a lot of driving. I'm originally not from NY and until I moved here I think I used the horn while driving once.

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 7:08 pm
Where I live, you aren’t allowed to honk on a residential street between 11pm-8am

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:06 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Where I live, you aren’t allowed to honk on a residential street between 11pm-8am

That seems like a weird rule. You shouldn't honk anyway unless you need to, and then you need to.

Well...I guess some people honk to say they're home, and stuff like that.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:13 pm
WHERE'S THE OPTION FOR SOMETIMES IF NECESSARY?? (not necessarily an emergency)

why is it then someone creates a poll, they leave out the most normal one, almost trying to be atypical??)

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:16 pm
I live in BP near a wedding hall

I sometimes wanna get those heavy duty water guns and spray!!!!!
I wonder what ppl think when they honk so late. I guess they don't. At wits end

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:26 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Unfortunately so many people are using their phones while driving (Lakewood!) that you have to honk them every time the light turns green or they’ll never go!

I don't get it, I just don't get it.
This site was made so people can share without worrying what people will think about them etc...(at least one of the reasons)
So why are you being specific?????????
Why do you have to put down Lakewood??? ESPECIALLY when this is not specifically talking about Lakewood!! This problem about using a phone while driving is with PEOPLE in general!!!!!
yes, maybe you weren't talking ONLY about Lakewood, but you gave that [specifically] as an example.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:32 pm
Rappel wrote:
I honk... But only when someone is about to jump in front of my car and I'm not in a position to safely stop.

The highway to my house runs through a town called Hawara, and people and cars both behave unsafely throughout.

You live in egypt?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 11:54 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
I don't get it, I just don't get it.
This site was made so people can share without worrying what people will think about them etc...(at least one of the reasons)
So why are you being specific?????????
Why do you have to put down Lakewood??? ESPECIALLY when this is not specifically talking about Lakewood!! This problem about using a phone while driving is with PEOPLE in general!!!!!
yes, maybe you weren't talking ONLY about Lakewood, but you gave that [specifically] as an example.

Lakewood has horrible drivers. This is a fact. Why are you so upset that someone should point this out?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 6:08 am
We had a lot of honking yesterday, but it wasn’t in middle of the night. Argentina won their game in the world cup yesterday. LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette