Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Arizona

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 1:59 pm
Hi, looking to go to AZ with our family for a few weeks this winter. What is the most reasonable place to stay? It can be Phoenix, Scottsdale, casa grande, or any safe neighborhood that’s right nearby.
(Looking for specifics, if you can name the hotel/ link the airbnb /mention who rents out apts/houses).
Tia!

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 3:47 pm
If you're looking to stay somewhere centrally located for a few weeks, I'd recommend either Phoenix or Scottsdale, not Casa Grande. If you are trying to find a place within walking distance to one of the shuls, your best bet is to try finding accommodations from people within the community. Google the shuls in Phoenix and Scottsdale and contact them. If you don't mind staying somewhere not within walking distance to a shul, an Airbnb is probably the best option. Here's one near the airport, and here's one in north Phoenix, pretty close to both the Phoenix and Scottsdale communities.

If you need an itinerary I am happy to help Smile

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 3:50 pm
Scottsdale is the nicest

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 4:07 pm
Thank you!! When you say find accommodations from someone in the community- do you mean stay in someone’s house? Is that typical for people to welcome other frum guests even if they don’t know them? (I know in some areas yes but I don’t automatically expect it because am from in-town Wink)
Or, are there frum people who rent out their houses while away, or have guests apartments? Assumed we would have to pay for someone which is fine but just hoped for as reasonably as possible. And of course kosher kitchen is a bonus. (Have had bad experiences with vrbo/Airbnb so always prefer dealing with real people directly.)
Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics