Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Split Meal - Simcha Shabbos Lunch to Include Shalosh Seudos

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:30 pm
Can you describe how you've experienced a split meal on Shabbos in the winter, I know that you wash, eat, bench, daven mincha, wash, eat, bench. Just wondering what was served by the first and second meals. Thanks!

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:33 pm
Most if the time I've seen full meal, mincha, wash again and then dessert. This gives opportunity for those who want to go home.

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:35 pm
We had challah, fish with dips and salads, egg salad/liver. We benched. Mincha. Washed again for Chalont, deli, kugel, dessert. Benched. But I think you should let the guests know beforehand that you'll be splitting the meal.

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:43 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
We had challah, fish with dips and salads, egg salad/liver. We benched. Mincha. Washed again for Chalont, deli, kugel, dessert. Benched. But I think you should let the guests know beforehand that you'll be splitting the meal.

This is what's been done at most winter shobbos simchas I've been to that split.
Agree you should let people know.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:43 pm
amother Daphne wrote:

This is how we have always had it as well, when going to a Simcha in the winter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics