Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do you run away from the computer when dh gets home?
Previous  1  2

Do you run away from the computer when your dh comes home?
Guilty as charged, I generally or often do  
 33%  [ 25 ]
I have done that on occassion  
 33%  [ 25 ]
No  
 28%  [ 21 ]
n/a  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 75

red sea

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 8:45 am
I am finding this quite hilarious, but for those who said they do it not out of like now dh is home so I will close it, thats not what I meant - I meant it in the way of the confessions - thats why I chose the guilty naughty implied words of run away --& pretend you were doing s/t productive so you dont get "caught" wasting time here.

Dayzmom

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 9:14 am
Nope, he knows how I love to waste time....... Smile Besides, when he stops wasting time with his dumb cigarettes I'll consider curbing my computer time. It's downtime for me at the end of a long day, and before I get my day started, and during work (I'm my own boss so I'm only stealing my own time).

He knows I'm not doing anything indecent so he doesn't care, as long as I make it up to him from time to time.

greentiger

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 9:26 am
I do it all the time SmileSmileSmile Luckily our door can't be opened from the outside without a key so I need to let him in and that gives me time to quickly shut the browser and leave my work documents open and showing.

Rivky

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 10:39 am
I'll stop what I'm doing and go greet him, serve supper...but don't shut it off. He knows I'm on it and doesn't find it to be a problem!!! LOL

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:24 am
I do a lot all day long. I have an extremely busy schedule, and my husband knows it.

He usually comes home right after I put the kids to sleep- and that is the first time in the day I get to really sit down and do something for myself. (I go on imamother during the day, too, if I have a chance, but I don't sit and relax. I just kinda crash between running to answer a post or 2.)
The time DH comes home coincides with my only chance at "me" time, so no, no pretending to work. Smile

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:28 am
If I am on the computer and my husband comes home of course I get off to greet him and spend time with him. It's not "running away" from the computer like I have something to hide or be embarrassed about though.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:31 am
Well, yeah, I distract myself from the computer to say hi, talk about how our days went... But usually he just takes something to eat and goes off to his own computer right after, so I go back to mine. Smile

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:38 am
nope, I answer the door. greet him. feed him. and then sit right back down here while he eats, because he hates to talk while eating. then we speak after...

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:54 am
I also used to sometimes "run away" from the comp. when I heard him coming, but then I decided, silly me, why shouldn't he see that I'm specially going away from the comp. to greet him, because he came home? So now I davka stay on until he walks through the door. Smile

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:57 am
well you know, if it's a really good thread or chat I say "Honey, hold on while I finish here. They're discussing socks in the summertime and someone in Australia needs a recipe for meatloaf and shidduchim."

just kidding. I go answer the door because I see that he really likes that.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 12:55 pm
I have nothing to hide, he's my husband, not my dad! LOL

montrealmommy

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 2:06 pm
I leave the computer to greet him (I began doing this really more for chinuch for my kids, and it has become routine), then usually put out supper - when I can eat, I sit with dh and kids, otherwise I go back to work while he gets quality time with the kids. Nothing to hide but live people come first (at least I try to live by that) - we also don't asnwer the phone or door during meals or "family time" unless we are expecting a call/visitor.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics