Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Snack ideas for 11 month old

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 7:25 pm
My 11 month old doesnt love to be fed, she likes eating on her own
I need some snack ideas
So far I give her puffs, bamba, ricecake, cheerios

What fruits and veggies can I give her?
Any breakfast ideas besides for eggs?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 7:31 pm
Any fruits cut into small bits or very thin slices: apples, Pears, grapes in winter. Also softer veggies like Cucumbers & tomatoes.

For breakfast maybe try french toast- bread drenched in egg & cooked on griddle. Have you tried oatmeal or yogurt smoothie?

he

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 7:32 pm
Cut up grapes, banana, avacado, blueberries, string cheese, healthy pancakes/muffins, ww cream cheese sandwich

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 7:44 pm
Blueberries, diced strawberries, chickpeas (remove skin and halved), beans, avocado slices, fish sticks.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 7:49 pm
I do a lot of plain yogurt for breakfast. I know, it's a mess, but to me it's worth it (hey--you have a small child, embrace the mess). I do give it to them in nothing but a diaper, though.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:14 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Any fruits cut into small bits or very thin slices: apples, Pears, grapes in winter. Also softer veggies like Cucumbers & tomatoes.

For breakfast maybe try french toast- bread drenched in egg & cooked on griddle. Have you tried oatmeal or yogurt smoothie?

I like the french toast idea, she would probably love it
What is an oatmeal or yogurt smootie?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:16 pm
he wrote:
Cut up grapes, banana, avacado, blueberries, string cheese, healthy pancakes/muffins, ww cream cheese sandwich

Do you have a pancake recipe?
Can I freeze them?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:18 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Blueberries, diced strawberries, chickpeas (remove skin and halved), beans, avocado slices, fish sticks.

I hadnt thought of beans or fish sticks, thanks

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:20 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
I do a lot of plain yogurt for breakfast. I know, it's a mess, but to me it's worth it (hey--you have a small child, embrace the mess). I do give it to them in nothing but a diaper, though.

She has started grabbing at the spoon...I wasnt sure if she doesnt want to eat or is it possible she wants to try herself?
Can an 11 month old feed herself?

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
She has started grabbing at the spoon...I wasnt sure if she doesnt want to eat or is it possible she wants to try herself?
Can an 11 month old feed herself?

A 6 month old can feed herself, so yes.

Offer a spoon. You can preload the spoon for her if you want, and definitely give her opportunities to watch you feeding yourself with a spoon sometimes.

But it might be a long time before she consistently uses it properly, and that's ok! It's food and it's a sensory experience. There's no rule that says babies can't eat yogurt with their fingers. You can also offer slices of toast to dip.

I never spoon feed, and I give my babies things like yogurt and applesauce from the start (of eating solids), along with many other textures.

Turning her head away would suggest rejection of the food. Reaching for the spoon suggests she wants the spoon. Smile

he

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you have a pancake recipe?
Can I freeze them?

https://I.imgur.com/CVzjZWI.jpg
I never tried freezing fried but batter freezes amazing. I add more honey/choc chips/blueberries for sweetness sometimes

lucky14

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:37 am
You can do oatmeal for breakfast. Make it thick and plop it in spoonfuls on the high chair table for her to feed herself or give her the whole bowl of it (wouldn’t work well with mine) or preload the spoon for her if you have time for that.
I just give cereal and milk…

blueberries, peeled and thinly sliced apple, melon, cut up oranges, cut up banana, strawberries, kiwi, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, avocado, cooked green beans, peas, sweet potato, steamed broccoli, etc etc- just make sure everything is cut to baby safe size.

I give peanut butter on crackers, cut up string cheese & raisins (though I never knew but apparently some people say they are a choking risk?… not sure. I cut them in half when my baby was younger. Ask your pediatrician if you aren’t sure if they’re ok)

I sometimes give animal crackers or Graham crackers as a once in a while treat.

You can do hummus on pita. Rice cakes. Cheese. Yogurt.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 1:05 am
Edamama, sweet peas, craisins, and broccoli are favorites with my babies. I don't know how I forgot about those.

justforfun87

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 1:12 am
Sweet potato fries made naturally. Make chicken soup and let her eat the veggies.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 4:11 am
Chunky soups. Fish, chicken, scrambled eggs, pancakes, baked sweet potato fries, Zuchnini rounds, any vegetable boiled pretty much.

You can buy reusable squeezy Pouches for smoothies, lukewarm blends soups, yogurt, purees, etc.

Banana, kiwi, mango, peices - any soft fruit.

Pasta. Rice. Oatmeal

Bread/pita with any spread. Avocado, tuna, Tchina, chummus, cottage cheese is our go to.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:49 am
OP here,
I tried offering new foods for breakfast and she takes 1 bite and then refuses to eat more

Do I assume she doesnt like it and throw it out and make her something I know she will eat?
Do I just leave it in front of her and thats it?

I am already getting frustrated throwing out perfectly good food. And feeling like a restaurant and she isnt even 1 yet

Should I just give her the same breakfast every day that I know she will definitely eat??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics