Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Areas in Israel for new olim to establish themselves
Previous  1  2  3

isasternhill

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 5:23 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I realize that I wrote are NOT going to be expensive, but meant will definitely be expensive. The word anglo and not expensive does not work here in Israel. Once anglos start moving into areas, they automatically become expensive.
Now, the issue of giving up greenery, I want to understand what you mean. Ive lived in 4 different places (towns, cities) since making aliyah almost 20 years ago. The only place I maybe gave up on greenery and nature was when I lived in Jerusalem. Other than that, there was greenery, parks, nature, in all of the places Ive lived. And you mentioned the north in a different reply. The north is brimming with greenery and nature. So can you explain a bit more what you mean?

Oh, ha ha, I was wondering "where does this lady live, I am moving there!". It's so expensive everywhere. I just want a home with a garden where my dog can play and we can have a place to hang out out side (not a mirpeset overlooking someones laundry - Its really time to move away shtetle style Israel).

So question: What are some up and coming areas where normal non zillionaires can buy homes and live normal lives. Without having to sacrifice say, grocery stores.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 5:35 am
isasternhill wrote:
Oh, ha ha, I was wondering "where does this lady live, I am moving there!". It's so expensive everywhere. I just want a home with a garden where my dog can play and we can have a place to hang out out side (not a mirpeset overlooking someones laundry - Its really time to move away shtetle style Israel).

So question: What are some up and coming areas where normal non zillionaires can buy homes and live normal lives. Without having to sacrifice say, grocery stores.

Find someplace to buy on paper. We bought in a yishuv, a few years ago, for 1.5. Nice size anglo community.
But also remember that stand alone houses, no matter where, will be more money than an apartment or units built together with less privacy.

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 5:42 am
There's a plan to build large houses on 1 full dunam each in itamar, for 3 million. Average home here is now 1.3, on a half or third of a dunam.

But an anglo community that you can count on your fingers is not really "up and coming", even if it's beautiful here and growing.

juggling

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 5:58 am
I'm really sorry to be so negative, I just think this no longer exists in today's Israel. The housing market is way out of control, and while some areas may be "more" affordable it's always an area that is less desirable. And even then there are no bargains.

I hope there will be a time when something changes.

Meanwhile it's too bad I need someplace to live. I can make a lot of money if I sell my apartment right now, but of course I'd have nowhere else to go.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:00 am
isasternhill wrote:

Maybe Emanuel. Chareidi. I don't know the prices there.
Maybe Maale Amos. Only heard about it have no idea what's kind of circles.
How long have you been in israel?
You do realize that housing means for most people an apartment, right?
When things start to develop you usually cannot expect infrastructure to be in the even developed. Once modiin ilit consisted of two roads only with a few buildings only and *one* makolet. There wasn't even a pharmacy, people had to drive to jerusalem or take a bus.

Edit: Emanuel isn't anglo AFAIK

Last edited by Bnei Berak 10 on Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:03 am
juggling wrote:
I'm really sorry to be so negative, I just think this no longer exists in today's Israel. The housing market is way out of control, and while some areas may be "more" affordable it's always an area that is less desirable. And even then there are no bargains.

I hope there will be a time when something changes.

Meanwhile it's too bad I need someplace to live. I can make a lot of money if I sell my apartment right now, but of course I'd have nowhere else to go.

I think you are realistic. Smile
Real estate went up by 19% compared to last year. If course it's insane.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:25 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Maybe Emanuel. Chareidi. I don't know the prices there.
Maybe Maale Amos. Only heard about it have no idea what's kind of circles.
How long have you been in israel?
You do realize that housing means for most people an apartment, right?
When things start to develop you usually cannot expect infrastructure to be in the even developed. Once modiin ilit consisted of two roads only with a few buildings only and *one* makolet. There wasn't even a pharmacy, people had to drive to jerusalem or take a bus.

Edit: Emanuel isn't anglo AFAIK
first off did the op say she was charedi? Did I miss that?
Also maale amos is literally in the middle of nowhere. Its not near a big shopping area or kupot cholim. You have to go to the gush or jerusalem. The op definitely said, not out in the boonies, and maale amos, while I have heard very nice things about it, is on the boonies Smile

juggling

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:31 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
first off did the op say she was charedi? Did I miss that?
Also maale amos is literally in the middle of nowhere. Its not near a big shopping area or kupot cholim. You have to go to the gush or jerusalem. The op definitely said, not out in the boonies, and maale amos, while I have heard very nice things about it, is on the boonies Smile

She never said she was charedi but her comment about sports and nature seemed to indicate she was. And, yeah, she never specified.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:34 am
juggling wrote:
She never said she was charedi but her comment about sports and nature seemed to indicate she was. And, yeah, she never specified.
Very true. You are correct.

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:55 am
As others have said, the Anglo areas are more expensive. We couldn't afford that and chose to live in a non-Anglo area instead, and see what happens. We love it here, and have no plans to move to a more American area. We're renting, but can definitely afford a house in the next few years.
If you've been here 10 years, why don't you find a few friends who feel the way you do and try to build an Anglo community?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 7:47 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Very true. You are correct.

I didn't see anywhere a straight statement about Chareidi. I just posted of what I know of Smile

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 7:58 am
OP, did you state what your budget is?
In your case I would check with a real estate agent as well as things on yad 2 etc.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions