Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Best ob's thats not a butcher
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 2:04 pm
Ok I got your attention
I'm looking for a great ob who is known for trying to refrain from c sections (when it's not needed) and will leave me with minimal tearing

Medicaid preferred

Thank you

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 2:04 pm
I didn’t have a c but I felt like chopped meat down there

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 2:06 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I didn’t have a c but I felt like chopped meat down there

Who was your doctor?

mom!

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 2:31 pm
RWJ

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 2:33 pm
I use West Long Branch and an very happy. With a breach baby they tried 3 times to turn him to avoid a c.
I had 2 minor tears with first 2 kids and nothing with the next 3.
Found them to very understanding and non judgmental with a pregnancy after a miscarriage when I was anxious and gave me appts and scans as often as I wanted.
Highly recommend

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 3:05 pm
The best way to avoid tearing is to avoid forced pushing.
Lady Bits PT Youtube channel has a great video about how to protect your pelvic floor while pushing.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:08 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
The best way to avoid tearing is to avoid forced pushing.
Lady Bits PT Youtube channel has a great video about how to protect your pelvic floor while pushing.
Interesting to hear!
I don't take epidural. And I push as needed when the urge is there. No forced or forceful, Just how I feel the need. But I tear. I thought it's unavoidable. Baby is bigger than that area.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:13 am
The issue with nearly every practice in Lakewood is that you don’t know exactly who will deliver you. I use generations and so far I’ve been very happy BH. Surowitz delivered me back when she was still part of the practice and I found that she was quicker to suggest interventions but BH I didn’t have any. After she left Roman delivered and she doesn’t do any interventions unless absolutely necessary. But there is no guarantee that you would end up with Roman (although she does do a lot of deliveries, maybe the majority).

momallhours

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:17 am
Yes your title is clickbait and got my attention but it is disgusting... OBs are not butchers they are here to help you and the baby have a safe and healthy labor

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:33 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
Interesting to hear!
I don't take epidural. And I push as needed when the urge is there. No forced or forceful, Just how I feel the need. But I tear. I thought it's unavoidable. Baby is bigger than that area.

Massaging and stretching the area with oil every night in the 9th month helped me tremendously not tear with my 3rd. It's not a given that you have to tear.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:52 am
momallhours wrote:
Yes your title is clickbait and got my attention but it is disgusting... OBs are not butchers they are here to help you and the baby have a safe and healthy labor

Some.

And some will definitely do a c section because it's easier for them, or add interventions because their shift is almost over, which in turn lead to higher chances of a c/s.

And saying that isn't disgusting, and op is right to do that research.

amother
Hyssop

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:59 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Some.

And some will definitely do a c section because it's easier for them, or add interventions because their shift is almost over, which in turn lead to higher chances of a c/s.

Epidurals make things slower not faster so that makes no sense.

momallhours

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:59 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Some.

Not arguing on the bolded it is something everyone should do research I personally took issue with OP using the word butcher to describe our OBs even the horrible ones since I associate butchers with Nazis Yemach shemom who butchered innocent Jews. IMVHO

By all means ask the question and do your Due Diligence but I would be happy to give advice and many Imas would give you great advice if your title read "Best OB who is not quick to do C section"

amother
Moccasin

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:02 am
Use a midwife

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:04 am
momallhours wrote:
Not arguing on the bolded it is something everyone should do research I personally took issue with OP using the word butcher to describe our OBs even the horrible ones since I associate butchers with Nazis Yemach shemom who butchered innocent Jews. IMVHO

By all means ask the question and do your Due Diligence but I would be happy to give advice and many Imas would give you great advice if your title read "Best OB who is not quick to do C section"

Okay then I understand why you took offense.

I think of a butcher as the guy who cuts up the cows and chickens and puts them onto foam trays so we can buy and cook them.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:09 am
amother Hyssop wrote:

Epidural actually CAN speed things up if a mother is tense.

But I didn't write Epidural, I wrote interventions. Pitocin, breaking waters etc, to get things moving instead of waiting for the body to work naturally.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:11 am
amother Hyssop wrote:

Depends on the person, actually. Epidurals can make things go faster sometimes because things go faster when the mother is relaxed.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:12 am
amother cornflower wrote:
Massaging and stretching the area with oil every night in the 9th month helped me tremendously not tear with my 3rd. It's not a given that you have to tear.

Can you elaborate on that? I'm in my 9th now, and would love to avoid tearing.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:32 am
I use Dr Giovene for multiple pregnancies. He is known to have a low c section rate and even with my first who had a huge head I had minimal tearing. I can’t speak for all the drs in my practice because he has a constant change over but I found most to be similar in approach

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:35 am
amother Powderblue wrote:
Can you elaborate on that? I'm in my 9th now, and would love to avoid tearing.

It's called perineal massage. GIYF.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries