Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
4 Year Old Constipated? Please Help!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:29 pm
I did enough reading on here to know that many of you will be telling me that she's constipated, so I'm coming here to confirm that and to ask for starter solutions.

My DD4 has been toilet trained for a long time. Her underwear is always always slightly/+ wet. She was not night trained until September of this year, but her diaper never needed to be changed in the middle of the night. Since after Succos, she has been waking up AT LEAST 3 times a night completely soaked through. Change linen, pajamas head to toe... and then it happens again, even if she is taken to the bathroom.

Additionally, over the past few weeks, she has been extremely gassy, and to me (pregnant), she always smells like she needs to use the bathroom (for a bm).

She does have at least 1-2 bowel movements per day, but as per what I read on here, that would just mean a soft mass passing around the "stuck" block.

I will be reaching out to the pediatrician in the morning, but I would like to hear how I can help her possibly without using something like Mirilax for now. Don't worry, if that's what I need to do, I will.

Thanks for everyone's help!

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:35 pm
One word KIWIS- they are magical

I'm just saying this from personal experience- they are awesome for my 4 y/o ds. If she can eat one every day, that would be great

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:09 am
Bumping for more responses!

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:12 am
It’s not for sure that she’s comstipated, wetting has other causes, but it doesn’t hurt to try and get her to empty better.

Magnesium oxide is great for cleanouts.

Daily magnesium malate or taurate is great for motility. digestive enzymes and probiotics also help.

Pamela

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:45 am
I dont know where you are located but Supreme Health in Brooklyn sells “Constipation Care” from Natures Cue. It is a concentrated liquid of fruits. A few drops in a drink every day and works like a charm

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:05 pm
Also in a similar situation, OP. I too have a 4 y/o girl with similar symptoms (not wetting in the middle of the night though)

I'm going to try a prune a day and see what happens

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:09 pm
Thank you for all your recommendations! I spoke to a doctor a few minutes ago, and was advised to start with a cup of grape juice for a few days. (He also said it will probably take a while for it to resolve itself.) I'll start with that but I'm keeping a close eye on this thread and will try some other suggestions also.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:13 pm
following

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 1:20 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SgBj7Mc_4sc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics