Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
High school programs in Israel for OTD boys

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:12 am
My son is on the verge of being kicked out of yeshiva and/or dropping out.
I don't even know where to begin with looking for some sort of school.
He's not interested at this time in religion, so not looking specifically for a yeshiva. But if anyone knows one that caters to OTD boys, we'll look into it.
He has ADHD and other learning disabilities. Has never been academically inclined and has had very limited limudei chol, so transferring to a secular or non-Charedi high school doesn't seem like an option. He'll just struggle there too, academically and socially.
Are there programs for OTD/yeshiva drop outs to get some sort of education/learn a trade?
In a little over a month he'll be 16 and can then get a job. But if we can find some sort of out-of-the-box schooling/vocational training option, I'd like to look into it and hope he'll consider going.

TIA to anyone with any recommendations

Rappel

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:19 am
Yes.

I highly recommend Hitzim - they're based here in Itamar, and from close contact with both staff and students, I think it's an extremely healthy place for a boy to straighten himself out. Positive atmosphere between the students, tons of tlc from plentiful staff, a really supportive environment

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:24 am
Fischer’s has taken some boys that age on occasion it’s rlly an after high school program but I know they have made exceptions

Rappel

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:32 am
OP, if you pm me, then I can send you the numbers of the principal and the school social worker

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:58 am
Rappel wrote:
OP, if you pm me, then I can send you the numbers of the principal and the school social worker

I already pm'd you before I saw this second post. Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:59 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Fischer’s has taken some boys that age on occasion it’s rlly an after high school program but I know they have made exceptions

Thank you
Do you have any additional details? What city? Phone number, website, email, etc.?

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 12:29 pm
Fischers
.American Phone: (516) 734-0424 Israel Phone: (072) 215-6455 office@yeshivasmatisyahu.org

amother
Catmint

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 3:21 pm
Neveh tzion
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics