Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Give away - clothing

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:51 pm
Where can I give away clothing? Womens and kids. I heard of pick purple. What do they do with the stuff? I have great quality clothing and I'd love to have yidden who can use it.

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 2:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where can I give away clothing? Womens and kids. I heard of pick purple. What do they do with the stuff? I have great quality clothing and I'd love to have yidden who can use it.

They sell it by the pound to second hand shops

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 2:09 pm
Why don't you ask here if anyone wants those sizes? I would take baby girl 6m if u have

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 2:13 pm
Monsey has “nearly new”, a thrift store. does that exist in Brooklyn? I always see frum people buying things there, though there are plenty of Hispanics too. Either way, all money goes to kupas ezra.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 2:16 pm
Chessed center picks up

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 2:25 pm
https://www.google.com/search?.....-serp

Life thrift shop benefits Chai lifeline. They accept clothes and housewares.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 2:27 pm
What size clothing? Where are you located?

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 2:42 pm
Please do NOT donate to pick purple. There are so many organizations that make better use for good clothing, where the clothes itself are put to good use by distributing them to frum families vs having them sold by the pound for pennies and sent to goodwill stores.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 2:48 pm
Post here. Give to Bobby's place. There's a clothing Whatsapp chat where ppl post to give away

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 3:14 pm
I don't want to give it to thrift stores. It's not junk stuff. Nice shabbos and and weekday stuff. Anyone knows of someone that hands out to bnei Torah? I live in Monsey area

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 3:21 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Chessed center picks up

Can you please provide more info?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 3:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can you please provide more info?

I heard chessed center also sells by the pound. I hope it’s not true I just gave them tons of stuff.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 3:38 pm
Clothes out in Williamsburg resells them

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 3:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't want to give it to thrift stores. It's not junk stuff. Nice shabbos and and weekday stuff. Anyone knows of someone that hands out to bnei Torah? I live in Monsey area

Adin's closet in monsey gives good condition clothes to monsey children who need. Amazing organization.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 2:45 pm
I am sure there are families that can use great quality clothing for their families in your area. Please post in your area, friends. Sometimes in the 2nd hand stores pple charge money for the clothing.( I am not against pple charging, it's their business, but the OP really would like to get her things to families I assume without charge).

SingALong

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 3:33 pm
Do you have a local chat or circular that posts giveaways? If yes maybe post you have clothing, write sizes etc, and see if anyone wants. I do that often in my town when I have things to give away. Or just post on my block chat

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 6:51 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Adin's closet in monsey gives good condition clothes to monsey children who need. Amazing organization.

Do you have contact info?

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you have contact info?

Debra (845) 499-4025 does pickups for Adin’s closet.
Gila, the one who runs it I believe (Adin was her brother who passed away) is +1 (845) 826-1105

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 11:31 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Debra (845) 499-4025 does pickups for Adin’s closet.
Gila, the one who runs it I believe (Adin was her brother who passed away) is +1 (845) 826-1105

Can I text those numbers or must I call?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:43 am
amother Chambray wrote:
Can I text those numbers or must I call?

I didn't call her. I text her. She only takes children stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries