Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Julia Heart Season 2
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

sequoia

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 4:59 am
Who’s watching?
Cleavage and thigh gaps, oh my!

sequoia

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:52 am
There’s Flatbush Girl in episode 2!

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 8:25 am
sequoia wrote:
There’s Flatbush Girl in episode 2!

Eewww.
What's the context?

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 8:28 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
At least she got a better wig. She must have done the research here LOL Tongue Out

She wore Dinis back in the day.
Her wigs were gorgeous.

No, the wigs in the promos are not the ones I am referring to.

sequoia

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:15 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Eewww.
What's the context?

Hey, I like Adina.

It’s some meeting about women’s rights… which Julia is bringing down just by her presence.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:31 am
The ones that follow Kveller will be watching the show- that clientele.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:39 am
I quickly fast forwarded through the episode with her son. He is so not comfortable. He doesn’t like when his siblings hug him. He leaves every conversation ( because they bring up relations constantly) has his head down.
Why is he on the show?
Also if you look at julia’s face when she hugs him and looks at him- you literally see a lost soul.
I really hope they leave her son out of future episodes and that he is getting guidance.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:41 am
sequoia wrote:
Hey, I like Adina.

It’s some meeting about women’s rights… which Julia is bringing down just by her presence.

I find her very fake.

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:16 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
She is a huge celebrity hanging out with people like Letitia James and Kathy Hochul. I just dont understand it considering that she lies and manipulates everyone and then blames them when they figure out who she really is, yet she remains the victim and everyone cares about her. She literally stole money from several men and lied about things and is getting away with it as she claims she was the victim. I really dont understand how Julia is not in prison for what she did but is a celebrity with a huge following instead. She is the female version of the FTX guy who also stole money and is still a celebrity scheduled to speak at the NYT event instead of going to prison. I dont get this world at all if these are the "role models" and "celebrities".

I read the book. She didn't steal money, from what I read. In order for her to go to the factories and do her project she needed hotels and traveling. She also needs to get into the right circles, so it's a valid expense if she needs to attend an event to advertise. I never met her personally so I'm neutral, but I didn't read anything about stealing. And she was married to Sylvio, if he decided to give her half his kingdom that's his problem but not stealing.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:01 am
amother Forsythia wrote:
I read the book. She didn't steal money, from what I read. In order for her to go to the factories and do her project she needed hotels and traveling. She also needs to get into the right circles, so it's a valid expense if she needs to attend an event to advertise. I never met her personally so I'm neutral, but I didn't read anything about stealing. And she was married to Sylvio, if he decided to give her half his kingdom that's his problem but not stealing.

That may be the story she told everyone to get out of being charged with a crime but if you have a business that is not making a profit and you are taking money from investors then you dont live in expensive hotel rooms, you rent a room with roommates and live modestly until your business makes a profit and you pay back the investors then you can do whatever you want with your share of the profit. She did it the other way where she took money from investors and lived a lavish lifestyle on their dime when she didnt have a business and certainly wasnt making any money. If I would be the investor, I would have sued her for my money back since she lied about everything and used the money as her personal expense account.
And Sylvio complained that she used his company as a personal expense account and he sued her for it (although I am not sure what happened in the end). She should really be in prison for stealing money from people (especially from investors into her non-existent business) even if she twisted the story to make it seem like that wasnt the case.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:05 am
amother Forsythia wrote:

She’s a pathological liar you can’t believe the things she wrote

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 12:48 pm
There is nothing wrong IMHO with Flatbush girl, I'm now watching the first episode.
But this is my problem with American reality shows (I love British bakeoff, and the Dutch version like that is amazing): it is like 'come shall we have a scripted conversation about Silvio in bed the cameras are set already'...
And now it is just watching rich people on TV but the only difference is that Julia was first a frum Jew and has still a frum kid. Now she is just like a Kardashian or just like a knock-off or wannabe.

And they exaggerate about frum life, they were like normal JPF but they make it like they were born nad raised in a rebbishe chassidishe family or just lev tahor cholilah. And that is not honest.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 1:35 pm
Fast forwarded quickly now I'm watching batsheva with her friends in a restaurant and that one friend has her boobs just up to her chin... I tell you... I'm well blessed with a good chest but every time before I was frum I wore a cleavage I got looks and comments I remember when I was in theatre school (I was sent out after a monht) he was like 'Oh... u don't mind me looking at ur tits'... I didn't like it it ws sooo embarrassing also when I went out... I CAN'T see that it is the ultimate freedom to show your boobs like that...

Flatbush girl was not really saying anything. Julia was pure only for herself to say how bad agunos is and it is. Women in aguna aren't seeing Julia as an ally.

Now seeing the episode with Aron and I feel for him. You are in your teens and you look bad with acne and you are being objectified as the 'weird religious guy who can't eat with the family. And your mom is telling you that your appearance is bad. Oh and how frum is he come on. It takes you only 3 minutes to look at all the Lakewood threads to see that bocherim never had an iPad, iPhone and wearing brown trousers -gasp- 😱 And Julia now is like gossiping about Aron like why.... It is only difficult for Julia nad the rest of the kids that he is frum because they need to do something extra that they don't want.

ETA: She is parentifying Aron and is like 'defend ridiculous laws in Yiddishkeit to me in front of the camera. The things that in her head, bothered her (agunot, kol isha) she wants her son to defend that, and if aron she chooses to be frum she basically says 'so you don't love your family... And then he is saying 'can't you just love me for the sake of me?' she basically says no.. It's so manipulative.

If a frum woman speaks this way to her OTD kid ''Oh Yitzi, u were such a sweet bochur and you shteiged so much what happened to the old you?'' everyone says about this frum woman that she has to do normal and everything but ey

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 6:41 pm
I have a few thoughts.

It's very impressive to hear Julia say that she thought the oppression of males was being in an orthodox religious community and she can't believe that she is in the same place again. I think this is a tremendous kiddush Hashem.

It's heartrending to see her go through this pain, no matter how much you dislike her. As someone who divorced from a crazy person I totally relate to never knowing which side is coming out next.

It's interesting to see how Miriam is very close to her mother. They basically made a life together and Batsheva has a completely different relationship with her and sees her as this strong person.

Also the fact that it dropped right before Chanukah is not coincidence. It's Hedonism vs the light of the Torah.

amother
Geranium

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:25 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I have a few thoughts.

It's very impressive to hear Julia say that she thought the oppression of males was being in an production community and she can't believe that she is in the same place again. I think is a tremendous kiddush Hashem.

It's heartrending to see her go through this pain, no matter how much you dislike her. As someone who divorced from a crazy person I totally relate to never knowing which side is coming out next.

No, no, no, she is NOT making a Kiddush Hashem. Chas veshalom. She is an absolute Chilul Hashem.

rikkik

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 9:35 pm
I was so tempted to google her name, or at least type her name into youtube to watch the trailer.
Then I stopped myself.
I refuse to type her name and give her any views. I refuse to give her name more traction on the internet, the more her name is typed onto those sites, the more the algorithm will promote it. So many of us hate watched season one and gave netflix the views they wanted.
Let's ignore her this time.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:52 pm
I was so impressed that Aron took all of his mother's manipulative arguments and used them right back - 'well, if you really loved me, you would want me to be me. Me is frum, a Rebbe, and in Philly yeshiva. So why don't you love me?'

The whole family is toxic, narcissistic, and enmeshed. I think Bat and Aron are the only ones who see it.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:04 pm
amother Navy wrote:
I was so impressed that Aron took all of his mother's manipulative arguments and used them right back - 'well, if you really loved me, you would want me to be me. Me is frum, a Rebbe, and in Philly yeshiva. So why don't you love me?'

The whole family is toxic, narcissistic, and enmeshed. I think Bat and Aron are the only ones who see it.

I didnt watch the whole season but they seem to have projected the bolded onto Sylvio except that there are a lot of gaps missing. At one point, Miriam shows her mother a text message that she claimed to have gotten from Sylivo where he seemed to try to tell her that she shouldnt let people take advantage of her yet Miram claimed that he was saying that she cant have friend over which didnt make sense (especially since she had her girlfriend over). Seems like he tried to establish boundaries or teach her to have boundaries with friends but they didnt like it.
They also whine about how bad he treats all of them then hug him when he leaves which didnt make sense to me either. Why hug someone who is supposedly abusive towards you? I really didnt get the storyline with Sylvio since it was so chopped up (and I didnt watch the whole season) so if someone can explain it, that would be great. TIA

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:11 pm
amother Navy wrote:

Does Bat see it? I don’t watch the show but on the Instagram she’s always posting pics with her mom

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:17 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Does Bat see it? I don’t watch the show but on the Instagram she’s always posting pics with her mom

No she doesn’t see it. She’s a copy of her mother.
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics