Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Julia Heart Season 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

amother
Trillium

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:58 pm
This show is so sad. From both a frum and secular point of view.

Julia is not doing very well emotionally/mentally and it’s all hitting her in the head.
The kids were all dragged along on the ride and I just feel so bad for all of them.
Especially Aron. He’s so young and innocent, it’s heartbreaking what this kid has gone through.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:25 am
I'm confused about the drama with the sister. She said the one sister she was in contact with ow also cut her off becuase of the kids' schools or something. But what we saw of her in season 1, they really didn't look chareidi/yeshivish and more MO

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:35 am
Why is Flatbush girl on this show bashing the community? What is wrong with people?

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:31 am
I never watch a show to begin with but just for the heck of it I clicked on it on it. I couldn't even stop like listening to a minute of it. I mean who goes to their mother to talk about relations let alone on a camera! I'm pretty open with my kids but wow don't think I would be having that open of a conversation that was being recorded at least that's for sure.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:22 am
Put aside for a moment the Yiddishkeit piece, why is netflix interested in having a show about a unwell women. She really doesn't look physically or mentally healthy. Not trying to bash her, just don't get it. She goes around talking about s-x and org@sms to anyone and everyone. Really not ok.

It really can't be compared to the kardashians. Of course they aren't role models for us, but they are more classy than her. I obviously don't know them in real life, but at least they try to portray themselves as a caring family who looks out for each others. Kris looks healthy and wants what's best for her kids.

I just don't get why they would want to make a show about her.... I can't imagine she should get many seasons.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:52 am
amother Brickred wrote:
Does Bat see it? I don’t watch the show but on the Instagram she’s always posting pics with her mom

At one point, Julia is complaining that Bat isn't really there for her, they aren't as close as they used to be. Bat pretty much says 'yeah, I've been trying to create some space between us. My therapist says it's a good idea'

She may not see the toxicity, but I think she sees the enmeshment and how strange it is that her siblings are grown adults, living with their mother and dependent on their mother for financial security. And her mother has zero concept of confidentiality and just shares everything.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:19 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Put aside for a moment the Yiddishkeit piece, why is netflix interested in having a show about a unwell women. She really doesn't look physically or mentally healthy. Not trying to bash her, just don't get it. She goes around talking about s-x and org@sms to anyone and everyone. Really not ok.

It really can't be compared to the kardashians. Of course they aren't role models for us, but they are more classy than her. I obviously don't know them in real life, but at least they try to portray themselves as a caring family who looks out for each others. Kris looks healthy and wants what's best for her kids.

I just don't get why they would want to make a show about her.... I can't imagine she should get many seasons.

Kardashians classy?
Eating disorders? Half n@aked outfits? Plastic surgery? Close ties with child abuse promoting company aka balenciaga? Ex husband who likes hitler?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:56 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:

Netflix doesn't make shows based on inspiring ppl. They make shows that interest and entertain. All different kinds.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:59 am
amother Geranium wrote:
No, no, no, she is NOT making a Kiddush Hashem. Chas veshalom. She is an absolute Chilul Hashem.

This part, where she admits that it isn't the religious patriarchy that has ruined her life is a kiddush Hashem. Last season that was the theme of the show that she found her freedom from religion and this season opens up with her nasty divorce. This makes ppl stop and wonder and reconsider their negative view of our religion.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:10 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
This part, where she admits that it isn't the religious patriarchy that has ruined her life is a kiddush Hashem. Last season that was the theme of the show that she found her freedom from religion and this season opens up with her nasty divorce. This makes ppl stop and wonder and reconsider their negative view of our religion.

True. She was endlessly bashing religion in season one but now there are some instances where Julia says things like keeping shabbos and the religion is “beautiful”.

She seems at least a bit more balanced in her thinking.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:13 am
I also feel sad for shlomo.
He looks like someone who’s been dragged into a place he didn’t choose and is just trying to make peace with it.

He looks so uncomfortable most of the time. He has this sad almost depressed look on his face sometimes, like when Julia orders a hamburger with bacon.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:14 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
Why is Flatbush girl on this show bashing the community? What is wrong with people?

Are there any fans of flatbush girl here who can explain her thinking?

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:02 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:

She’s standing up to the issues in our community 🙄🙄. How lovely and effective.
Mia mod posted a huge thank you to her for doing this community work.... that’s it for me shopping her stuff .

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:04 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
she said if you don’t like her methods of marketing that’s ok. This is her way of bringing these issues to light and if bothers you then you should do something on your own for the cause.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:08 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
she said if you don’t like her methods of marketing that’s ok. This is her way of bringing these issues to light and if bothers you then you should do something on your own for the cause.

People like her are brilliant and so dumb at the same time.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:27 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Mia mod posted a huge thank you to her for doing this community work.... that’s it for me shopping her stuff .

I’ve been bothered for the longest time by both Julia and Adina. I struggled to really understand why…..I’ve been thinking about it now a lot once I saw her go on the show. For me it’s about these two people feeling they have the right to represent our feelings and views and speak as if they are representing all of “us”. As a frum woman there is no bigger wrong portrayal than these two individuals. It honestly hurts me personally and I feel ashamed.

keeptrying

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:28 pm
Is Batsheva still religious?

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:34 pm
MiaMid posted about her Lakewood store being threatened by frum Jews? What’s she talking about?

Coffee beanz

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:47 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:

Miamod said she helped her when she was being threatened.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:48 pm
Coffee beanz wrote:
Miamod said she helped her when she was being threatened.
why was she threatened by frum Jews regarding her Lakewood store?
Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics