Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Bright red cheeks.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:18 pm
My baby ate something on shabbos (nothing he is allergic to afaik) and his cheeks turned bright red. Also his upper lip. They are still red hours later. Also, his cheeks are warm. Anything to put on them?

(He has many food allergies and eczema, but I don't think he ate anything unsafe. In any case my question is what to treat it with. )

imasinger

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:22 pm
You should consult a pediatrician. It could possibly be a virus Fifth Disease, not serious, but pretty contagious).

Is he rubbing at them, or is he seeming not particularly bothered?

Last edited by imasinger on Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:28 pm
imasinger wrote:
You should consult a pediatrician. It could possibly be a virus (coxsackie, sometimes called Fifth Disease, not serious, but pretty contagious).

Is he rubbing at them, or is he seeming not particularly bothered?

Doesn't seem bothered by the cheeks. He's busy rubbing all of his other eczema rashes.

imasinger

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:31 pm
Was he around other babies last week?

Here's some info:

https://www.nationwidechildren.....sease

Quote:
Fifth disease is a mild illness caused by a virus called parvovirus B19. It is rarely serious. Its most obvious symptom is the bright red rash or “slapped cheek” look of the face.

The disease occurs most often during the late winter and early spring in children between the ages of 4 and 10. However, older children and adults, especially females, can get it.

Fifth disease is contagious (spread from person to person) in the early stages before symptoms appear. Once the rash appears, it is no longer contagious. It is spread by coughing, sneezing or by touching secretions from the nose and mouth of an infected person. After your child has fifth disease he or she will not get it again.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:36 pm
My baby had this last shabbos and it was cocksakie virus! The first symptom was red cheeks for a day and then horrible pimples broke out on his face hands and feet . Good luck ! Hope it's not that , my baby was so miserable ...

amother
Snowflake

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:43 pm
My kid has certain foods that she's not actually allergic to but cause her to get a face rash. Unfortunately it's random spices for the most part so it's hard to catch them.

aqua1

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 5:47 pm
Was he out in the cold? My baby with eczema got red cheeks in the winter often that would last a while

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 6:04 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
My kid has certain foods that she's not actually allergic to but cause her to get a face rash. Unfortunately it's random spices for the most part so it's hard to catch them.

I think this is it. The snack he ate was filled with spices. It contained yellow #5 and 6, ans MSG. What could I put on it .

WitchKitty

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:57 pm
My baby used to get rashes around his mouth and on his cheeks from tomatoes/ tomato sauce

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I think this is it. The snack he ate was filled with spices. It contained yellow #5 and 6, ans MSG. What could I put on it .

I generally do plain Vaseline
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics