Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Hadar spinoff
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:53 pm
Fellow hadarlings!

How do you feel being the internet (even if it’s only imamother!) after atending Hiding hadar?

Like a complete and total loser?

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:05 pm
Hi! Hi
Nope, don't feel like that at all!
I do many many things right, I live a beautiful Torahdig lifestyle.
I have very filtered internet, including imamother.
Is it better to have none? Of course. But that doesn't make me a loser!

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:08 pm
No, not at all.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:11 pm
😂😂😂 hadarlings lollll

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:11 pm
I actually have no recollection of any staff in Hadar hocking against the internet. Was it even discussed at all?!
I would assume plenty of people I went with would be online.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:12 pm
Glad to hear! I was thinking during the speech last night if Reb or stein were to know I have internet in my house she would probably kick me outa the room

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:12 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
I actually have no recollection of any staff in Hadar hocking against the internet. Was it even discussed at all?!
ok so your like from a different hadar era LOL

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
ok so your like from a different hadar era LOL
Guess so. 2006 lol

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:14 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:

Was never discussed in my days, but that was 16 years ago.
I've been to a couple of Hadar events over the years and now I find it discussed a lot more.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:14 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Guess so. 2006 lol

Same. Hi! Hi

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:18 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Same. Hi! Hi

Hi! Wait, so you remember internet being a topic? Oops I thought you were op. I see now that you weren’t. I’m not surprised they would hock against it, just that my year they didn’t…

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:19 pm
I was in seminary 11 years ago. I don’t recall anything about the internet. I do recall a total emphasis of living a kollel life. I do recall a total emphasis of the elitest attitude of I am better than you Bec my fathers a rosh yeshiva bla bla.
I don’t recall one lesson about middos. I don’t recall one theme of a shabbos to be about the beauty of yiddishkeit other than a kollel life. I don’t recall one teacher caring to know my name. I don’t recall being asked why I never went anywhere besides my cousins for shabbos. I don’t recall anyone caring that I went to sleep hungry Bec I didn’t have a penny to buy food with. I don’t recall anyone caring about the fact that I was bullied outright. And yes I did try to speak up. I did reach out for help. But was further shamed by the ones who should have helped me.

Today I’m married to wonderful Ben Torah who -gasp- also works!!! We have a beautiful Torah home, where middos and true yiddishkeit is emphasized. I bh own a successful business and have tried to put this year of horror behind me- because it almost broke me. But I still cross the street when I see most of you hadarlings.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:44 pm
I was in Hadar before the internet was a topic and I'm working to help support the family and have internet at work so don't need to feel guilty. Very Happy

bracing

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:11 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
I was in seminary 11 years ago. I don’t recall anything about the internet. I do recall a total emphasis of living a kollel life. I do recall a total emphasis of the elitest attitude of I am better than you Bec my fathers a rosh yeshiva bla bla.
I don’t recall one lesson about middos. I don’t recall one theme of a shabbos to be about the beauty of yiddishkeit other than a kollel life. I don’t recall one teacher caring to know my name. I don’t recall being asked why I never went anywhere besides my cousins for shabbos. I don’t recall anyone caring that I went to sleep hungry Bec I didn’t have a penny to buy food with. I don’t recall anyone caring about the fact that I was bullied outright. And yes I did try to speak up. I did reach out for help. But was further shamed by the ones who should have helped me.

Today I’m married to wonderful Ben Torah who -gasp- also works!!! We have a beautiful Torah home, where middos and true yiddishkeit is emphasized. I bh own a successful business and have tried to put this year of horror behind me- because it almost broke me. But I still cross the street when I see most of you hadarlings.

I am so sorry, what an awful experience
Lol hakoved to you for what you have achieved

bracing

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:12 pm
Kol hakoved.. autocorrect!!

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:24 pm
I'm not the same person I was 15+ years ago and don't value the same things that my idealistic (and somewhat brainwashed) younger self did. And that's okay. I am building a torah home according to my own standards in a way that feels right for us. There is no one right path to serve Hashem and that is the beauty of the torah.

Tova

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:46 pm
I went to Hadar before the internet was a big thing Very Happy . It does happen to be that my husband is still in long term learning. But like the previous poster said, I am working to build the bayis neeman and Torah home as best makes sense to us, and that does include internet use for both business as well as personal use. I am not ashamed of it in the slightest!

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 5:08 pm
My sister went and came out with some unbalanced Hashkafos. Was she the only one?

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 5:09 pm
amother Holly wrote:
My sister went and came out with some unbalanced Hashkafos. Was she the only one?

What does that mean unbalanced?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 6:33 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
What does that mean unbalanced?

I'm assuming this is referring to extreme views, an elitist attitude, and a very black and white way of thinking.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics