Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Any Hadar graduates here?
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:55 am
I have 2 sister in laws that went to Hadar. Both married men who learned for several years years in Israel and Lakewood, ones husband is in "klei kodesh" now (not a rebbe, something else), and the other started a business after 6-7 years, he is actually the more yeshivish of the 2. Both of my sister in laws have smart phones, instagram, internet, etc. Both dress tzius but very trendy, have long wigs, hat and headband falls, darkish nailpolish etc. Both claimed to have had a really chilled seminary year as in skipped class, failed tests, did their own thing etc, had a blast. I love them both and they definitely didn't fit the stereotype of the girls in my high school class who went to Hadar, who were way more yeshivish.
I guess my point of writing this comment is to say that even though the seminaries are portrayed at these Q&A meetings, there is usually a mix of all types. I myself went to a certain well known seminary that has a certain stereotype, that I didnt exactly fit into , but I had a fantastic year and became good friends with plenty of girls, some that were the seminarys "type", and some not.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:59 am
Of course, every seminary has a big mix.
I went Hadar with lots of girls that were typical Hadar type, and plenty that weren't!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 11:46 am
amother Pansy wrote:
I was hadar 2007

Did Rebbetzin Berman teach you?
She was niftar a few years after that.
Someone told me my year (2006) was the last year that she actually taught, I was wondering if that was true.

Anyone else have a hard time with Mrs. Orenstein and Mrs. Twersky being called Rebbetzin? They were Mrs. in my days... Smile
Our Rebbetzin was Rebbetzin Berman!

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 11:51 am
amother Pansy wrote:
No trauma BH, but my dh doesn't like hadar... (He wouldn't have liked most seminaries because he wishes I would have learned how to cook and keep his instead of memorizing meforshim)

And I think the term hadarling is awful too.

I really enjoyed my year there a lot. Was a great year.

Was actually thinking yesterdayI am SO MANY years out of seminary and it's funny how when I was in shidduchim it was my major topic ofV conversation...

I can go a year wiithout thinking about that year.
And I was a very studious talmidah...

Teaching cooking and housekeeping is mother's job

But I blame schools for overloading homework and tests that stop girls from helping more at home.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi! I came back from the Hadar evening of chizuk tonight in Lakewood, was anyone there? It was really nice.
I just had a thought now to search "Hadar", and found some threads here, I guess there are more Hadarlings on imamother than I would've thought!
Figured I'd come here on an anon-enabled forum to say hi!
Graduate of 2006 here- post your year!

Graduate of Hadar 2009
Please share what the speeches were about for those of us who were not able to be there!!!
Any chance that you know someone who recorded it?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:31 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Graduate of Hadar 2009
Please share what the speeches were about for those of us who were not able to be there!!!
Any chance that you know someone who recorded it?

Was wondering the same. I would love to get a recording.
I missed the Rosh Yeshiva, and it's very hard to summarize Reb. Orenstein!

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:47 pm
Not a Hadar Graduate but we did have Talmidos for Shabbos in our home in E'Y. Is there still a Hadar school today?

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did Rebbetzin Berman teach you?
She was niftar a few years after that.
Someone told me my year (2006) was the last year that she actually taught, I was wondering if that was true.

Anyone else have a hard time with Mrs. Orenstein and Mrs. Twersky being called Rebbetzin? They were Mrs. in my days... Smile
Our Rebbetzin was Rebbetzin Berman!

Same lol.
We had Reb Berman 2007-2008. Last year she taught. Such a special person…
Really got a lot from my year there. Can’t imagine what it would have been like without her though…I’m yeshivish and my husband is still in kollel BH, though I’m worldly-mostly because of my diverse family and my job. My Hadar experience really helped me be able to raise my family this way even though it’s not the way I grew up.

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:46 pm
2007 grad

Yes we had rebbetzin berman ah!!

Hamorah leyad hashulchon
Hamorah mitachas la'ashpoh

Very Happy

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:55 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
Not a Hadar Graduate but we did have Talmidos for Shabbos in our home in E'Y. Is there still a Hadar school today?

Yes, hadar still exists

Someone me today that someone perlstein from lkwd who has schools and runs ruach chaim and bnos ruach chaim is going to open a seminary in EY and charge 15K, and mrs twerski is going to be principal

Anyone heard that?
I guess I'll start a spinoff

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 5:11 pm
Hadarling 2013. I looked yeshivish on the outside but was super skeptical, and none of my issues were addressed. Nobody's fault, I just wasn't the target demographic. My life now would knock my classmates' socks off.

I did make some lifelong friends, which was very nice.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:24 pm
amother Pansy wrote:

Someone me today that someone perlstein from lkwd who has schools and runs ruach chaim and bnos ruach chaim is going to open a seminary in EY and charge 15K, and mrs twerski is going to be principal

Anyone heard that?
I guess I'll start a spinoff

Yes I heard the same.
Can't imagine Hadar without Mrs. Twersky!

ETA I just saw your spinoff, I didn't realize the 15k part, I just heard that Mrs. Twerski was leaving to be principal of a new seminary

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:26 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Same lol.
We had Reb Berman 2007-2008. Last year she taught. Such a special person…
Really got a lot from my year there. Can’t imagine what it would have been like without her though…I’m yeshivish and my husband is still in kollel BH, though I’m worldly-mostly because of my diverse family and my job. My Hadar experience really helped me be able to raise my family this way even though it’s not the way I grew up.

I so relate.
I came from a much less Yeshivish family, wanted to marry learning and more Yeshivish from before, but Hadar really turned me into what I am, what my family is today. (I know, sounds cliché, but it's true!)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:22 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Hadarling 2013. I looked yeshivish on the outside but was super skeptical, and none of my issues were addressed. Nobody's fault, I just wasn't the target demographic. My life now would knock my classmates' socks off.

I did make some lifelong friends, which was very nice.
knock their socks off how?

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:23 am
amother Sunflower wrote:

Yes, I met a couple of girls learning there on Shabbos. They were staying in Har Nof for Shabbos, and looking for the Neve campus to visit some friends. We chatted for a few minutes while I showed them the way, and they seemed very happy there.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 7:33 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
knock their socks off how?

I'm decidedly not yeshivish anymore. After Hadar, I drifted more toward M.O., made some friends there and went to lots of mixed social events. I watch movies and listen to non-Jewish music and don't think there's anything wrong with that. I got married "older" (lol) on purpose, and we used birth control. Both of us went to mixed colleges. I read about and hold assorted unacceptable religious beliefs, mostly around evolution, the historicity of the Torah, feminism, and daas Torah. The answers that keep me frum would probably be considered apikorsus in Hadar.

On a materialistic level, I had a very nice time in seminary! But looking back, I gained about as much as an English-speaking kid in a Chinese university.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 11:42 am
Another Hadar graduate here from many years ago, one of the first years and at this point it's an entire new generation. I didn't go to the speech as feel I'm so way past sem now and older than most attendees. I would be interested in the teleconference possibly, although doubt will have too much time to listen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics