Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Looking for a torahdik crowd that’s well balanced
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:39 pm
We are looking to move to a well established area that is torahdik and not overly materialistic. (A place that shul is serious and no talking). We are in the 30/40 age range. Anyone have any ideas?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:41 pm
do you have a budget?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:45 pm
I’m open to hear all ideas!
No budget issue.
(I’d rather no developments but if you convince me otherwise I’m open to hear )

amother
RosePink

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:50 pm
Central ave area
Hearthstone

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:54 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
Central ave area
Hearthstone

Central ave is definitely not what I’d call simple

Hearstone in definitely right kind of idea

Let’s hear more!

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:58 pm
New England Village, raintree , spruce st area

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:17 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
New England Village, raintree , spruce st area

Those areas are big.

Any specific blocks?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:51 am
Any Jackson ideas?

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Central ave is definitely not what I’d call simple

Hearstone in definitely right kind of idea

Let’s hear more!

Not sure where on Central you are referring to, but the closer to Rt 9 blocks are a simpler type crowd... I would call the Regent Dr area the right type but an older crowd than hearthstone, more the mid 40s range. Past Regent gets the more fancy blocks.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:59 am
Flair, Jackson

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 11:00 am
I agree that Raintree is the way to go. No specific block- any house you can find if there are any!
Chances are you would have to buy an overpriced old home and do some work but the neighborhood is just right.

In Jackson, I would think Oakley Hills would be your best bet. Possibly also Harmony Farms and Flair

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 11:01 am
Pine lake park manchester

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:24 pm
Calendula Ct in jackson

Chayalle

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:26 pm
IMVHO there is no one single place in Lakewood area that is ultra simple not materialistic. Every area probably has a certain amount of diversity. And also, different types of emphasis when it comes to materialism.

For example, in some developments, the houses are smaller/attached, but people are uber into how they dress their kids, or the cars they drive. In other areas, people may have larger homes, but don't care so much about clothing, etc.....

There's no utopia.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:21 pm
Chayalle wrote:
IMVHO there is no one single place in Lakewood area that is ultra simple not materialistic. Every area probably has a certain amount of diversity. And also, different types of emphasis when it comes to materialism.

For example, in some developments, the houses are smaller/attached, but people are uber into how they dress their kids, or the cars they drive. In other areas, people may have larger homes, but don't care so much about clothing, etc.....

There's no utopia.

The apt buildings along Forest ave near BMG are as simple as it gets
If you want simpler, try Tent City

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:51 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
The apt buildings along Forest ave near BMG are as simple as it gets
If you want simpler, try Tent City

You also have to be ok with not having a wash macine/dryer in your apartment.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:58 pm
Chayalle wrote:

There's no utopia.

Exactly 💯

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:05 pm
Chayalle wrote:

There's no utopia.

Agreed! And that’s why I’m asking you lovely ladies to point me perhaps to your personal “utopia” lol
I’m open to block names. It often goes that way here.
It’s a fabulous city and with incredible diversity.
Please give me street names if you know them to be kind of what I’m looking for.

Thanks all for your replies and suggestions

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:34 pm
OP - in case you aren't aware there aren't too many houses for sale altogether in lakewood. If you are going to an established neighborhood as you described with families average 30-40 that's not a development, there are prob a total of 5 options for you maybe less depending on your budget and what size (we were just in this saga I can literally list you the avail houses...) I think there are more options in Jackson however most of the crowd is younger. I would say low 30s upper 20s. and younger. If you are ok with that.. I recently bought, but for the last yr or so have been actively looking (Williams, Pine, duplexes in Prospect area, New England Village, Hearthstone, raintree, central, arlington) so I wish you much Hatzlocha!!!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:36 pm
Liberty village in TR
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries