Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp maaminim

lovemykid!

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:00 am
I know this camp is new but looking for any updated information on what type of boys go here. I know most of the staff is 5 towns so is that mostly the crowd? We’re from passaic- want an out of town crowd but still yeshivish. It seems tashbar is a little too yeshivish for us. We’re looking into Agudah but want to apply somewhere else too. Any info would be so helpful, Tia

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:31 am
lovemykid! wrote:
I know this camp is new but looking for any updated information on what type of boys go here. I know most of the staff is 5 towns so is that mostly the crowd? We’re from passaic- want an out of town crowd but still yeshivish. It seems tashbar is a little too yeshivish for us. We’re looking into Agudah but want to apply somewhere else too. Any info would be so helpful, Tia

It has many 5 towns kid but they are the very non fancy kind. The camp is not full of in town kids. The people I know who send there love it. But depending on age, they might be full. My friends son was just pushed in but originally told there is no space for him. This was two weeks back.

lovemykid!

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:35 pm
Thank you for responding. Anyone else have any info? Also looking for info on camp lemala- someone just told me about that camp today.
Thanks for any info, really appreciate it!

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:22 pm
Lemala is much more out of town. And slightly more yeshivish.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:51 pm
Camp Aish sounds perfect for you!

It's run by Rabbi Ari Schoenfeld of Passaic so it has lots of Passaic boys. And a lot of the staff is from Darchei, so there's a nice number of wholesome Far Rockaway boys. Add in some Lakewood, Brooklyn, and Monsey, plus a nice mix of OOT (LA, Milwaukee, and a bunch of places in between), and it's a wonderful chevra.

DS had an amazing 2 summers there.

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:53 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Camp Aish sounds perfect for you!

It's run by Rabbi Ari Schoenfeld of Passaic so it has lots of Passaic boys. And a lot of the staff is from Darchei, so there's a nice number of wholesome Far Rockaway boys. Add in some Lakewood, Brooklyn, and Monsey, plus a nice mix of OOT (LA, Milwaukee, and a bunch of places in between), and it's a wonderful chevra.

DS had an amazing 2 summers there.
was he the one who ran Night Seder USA on zoom during Covid?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:37 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
was he the one who ran Night Seder USA on zoom during Covid?

Yes, he's amazing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children