Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Julia Heart Season 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:53 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
Are there any fans of flatbush girl here who can explain her thinking?

she said on instagram that no one in the frum world wants to listen/fight for it so.....

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:56 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
she said on instagram that know one in the frum world wants to listen/fight for it so.....

Shes not wrong

cupcake123

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:58 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
why was she threatened by frum Jews regarding her Lakewood store?

What!

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:59 pm
I think someone like Adina goes on a Netflix show to gain more publicity for herself, her instagram account and her multiple businesses and causes. She is someone who ran for office and the more publicity she gets, the more successful she is. She is doing it to promote herself and gain more fans , followers, supporters.
That was my first thought seeing her on unorthodox. It’s a big deal to be on Netflix. More people will see her, check her out and that amounts to her gaining a following and more business and fame.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:01 pm
Ok have you SEEN it??! She is just sitting there as a tame lamb.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:08 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:

Just appearing on there is an opportunity for her. Look, now she has a thread discussing her. People will see her, hear about her cause, be curious and check her out as well as follow all the gossip, discuss their opinions on it, etc.

On the last unorthodox series, a Monsey business- Challah Fairy was mentioned while Julia was shopping in Evergreen. This is all good advertisement for Evergreen , for Challah Fairy and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was actual intentional marketing for them.
(What made her choose Evergreen? There are 10 kosher grocery shops in Monsey. )

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:18 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
Just appearing on there is an opportunity for her. Look, now she has a thread discussing her. People will see her, hear about her cause, be curious and check her out as well as follow all the gossip, discuss their opinions on it, etc.

On the last unorthodox series, a Monsey business- Challah Fairy was mentioned while Julia was shopping in Evergreen. This is all good advertisement for Evergreen , for Challah Fairy and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was actual intentional marketing for them.
(What made her choose Evergreen? There are 10 kosher grocery shops in Monsey. )

As per evergreen, they were shocked and upset when the movie came out. They had no clue as to what was being filmed. They were asked if it's OK to film there they didn't see why not. Had they know what the content would be they would have not allowed it.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:19 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I think someone like Adina goes on a Netflix show to gain more publicity for herself, her instagram account and her multiple businesses and causes. She is someone who ran for office and the more publicity she gets, the more successful she is. She is doing it to promote herself and gain more fans , followers, supporters.
That was my first thought seeing her on unorthodox. It’s a big deal to be on Netflix. More people will see her, check her out and that amounts to her gaining a following and more business and fame.

Or she's doing it for attention

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:23 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Why is Flatbush girl on this show bashing the community? What is wrong with people?

She always did, nothing new

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:24 pm
bella613 wrote:
Is Batsheva still religious?

No she said that’s why she and Ben decided to get divorced. He wanted to be modern orthodox and she isn’t interested in shabbos, kosher, etc.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:26 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
I also feel sad for shlomo.
He looks like someone who’s been dragged into a place he didn’t choose and is just trying to make peace with it.

He looks so uncomfortable most of the time. He has this sad almost depressed look on his face sometimes, like when Julia orders a hamburger with bacon.

I noticed that look too! But then I thought maybe it was something else because he seems to be enjoying treif meat just fine on the show. Unless he has certain boundaries like no pig? He does seem very out of place like maybe he still feels guilty about being OTD and hasn’t fully embraced it.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:28 pm
This season was a lot more positive and balanced towards frum life than the first one. I thought Batsheva showed a lot of maturity with how she spoke about Ben and her divorce. Julia was much better with how she spoke with Aron about religion in this season than in the last, she offered to get him a tutor and said she supports his dream of becoming a rebbe. And Shlomo was on Aaron's side for the yeshiva discussion as well. The way Julia speaks about the Jewish community is much much better than the last season-she even mentions how chabad sent her challah after her divorce and was very grateful.

I do feel second hand embarrassment at some of the discussions she has with her kids and I hope she is able to work through her struggles and get to a better place.

keeptrying

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:35 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
No she said that’s why she and Ben decided to get divorced. He wanted to be modern orthodox and she isn’t interested in shabbos, kosher, etc.

Wow that is so sad

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 2:51 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:

That may be true for Adina who always looks for attention in any way possible but I was shocked to see Amber Adler there since she is running for council and could now jeopardize her standing in the Orthodox community for being on this show. I wonder if the Orthodox community in her district will turn against her for being on this show or actually vote for her for talking about the agunah situation.

ETA: Ezras Nashim posted on their IG stories that they had no affiliation or knowledge of Adina being on the show and do not approve of the show altogether. Ruchie Frier had written a rebuttal when the first season came out which they reposted now-- https://vinnews.com/2021/12/05.....ries/

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:00 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
she said on instagram that no one in the frum world wants to listen/fight for it so.....

What a stupid way of thinking. So she’ll rather do damage because issues aren’t getting fixed? Hows that helping us?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:15 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I never watch a show to begin with but just for the heck of it I clicked on it on it. I couldn't even stop like listening to a minute of it. I mean who goes to their mother to talk about relations let alone on a camera! I'm pretty open with my kids but wow don't think I would be having that open of a conversation that was being recorded at least that's for sure.

That was the first season. They now have a second season on and I think that we are the ones who are watching the show and helping them get on the top 10 list. They were at 10 and now at 6. Maybe we should not all watch at the same time to avoid helping them get further on the list.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:20 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
She’s standing up to the issues in our community 🙄🙄. How lovely and effective.
Mia mod posted a huge thank you to her for doing this community work.... that’s it for me shopping her stuff .

As if she's affected by these issues. Please. She's an attention seeker, plain and simple.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:23 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:

Why do YOU think she's doing it if not for attention?

sequoia

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:43 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
As if she's affected by these issues. Please. She's an attention seeker, plain and simple.

The issue of agunot and get refusal affects every Jewish woman.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:08 pm
sequoia wrote:
The issue of agunot and get refusal affects every Jewish woman.

Not sure why this needs to be said but we’re obviously not referring to very few specific IMPORTANT issues.
If she’d stick to her get refusal public work , she’s been our hero.
Page 4 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics