Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
How can a high school girl miss school?
Previous  1  2

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:28 pm
sequoia wrote:
I went to a private secular high school where we did the IB Program, which is supposed to be quite rigorous, and I don’t remember anything like this level of stress. It was more the bulk of reading/essays/lab reports, not literally feeling lost if you missed a day.

I’m assuming all this stress is in Judaic subjects, where you have the added difficulty of Hebrew. Am I right?

Many of my friends went to Stuyvesent , I almost did..
NO JEWISH school comes close to that in terms of stress and intense work

sequoia

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:41 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Many of my friends went to Stuyvesent , I almost did..
NO JEWISH school comes close to that in terms of stress and intense work

Well, the atmosphere in Stuy is uniquely toxic.

I would hope Jewish girls aren’t deliberately giving each other false information for tests.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:34 pm
Totally agree lakewood high schools hebrew department are way to intense. I heard it's to keep their mind busy so they don't have room to do wrong stupid thinks. It just makes the girls so stressed they need outlets also not learning all day. Why can't the schools give healthy, creative outlets. It would be cool of my daughter learned some courses like the really chasidish schools. Like haircuts, cake decorating, sewing. These kids end up using the skills after they start their family even of they don't do it as a profession. Much calmer than memorizing another perik of.....

Another problem is the girls start school too early teens are programed to be up at night. And wake up late. The busses come so early in the morning sleep deprivation and stress are a terrible combination.

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 7:13 pm
OOT - here BY is very very stressful
My youngest graduated 10 yrs ago
Now they are trying to change things
When my girls went the earliest they went to bed was 1am, EVERY NIGHT
The only way they could get through literature was to get audio books and listen to them on the 30 minute car ride morning and afternoon
Because of the work load

Things I figured out
If they failed limude Kodesh they didn’t fail the yr, although they had 10 subjects (some classes were 1 time a week others 2 or 3, but they were responsible for a work load as if the class was daily, which meant a lot of self learning)
If they failed secular subjects they failed the yr.
So at some point their energy was put more into secular subjects, which is really sad.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries