Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 40  41  42  Next

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 12:21 pm
Yes
Super strange
Didn’t find it believable
But apparently it can be based on posters in this thread
Seems to go beyond triangulating and parentifying
Really messed up R”L
I’d be freaking out were I Miri or Miris mother

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:08 pm
I missed this week...what happened?

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:47 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
I missed this week...what happened?

Miri admits to her mother that she doesn’t think her marriage is going to make it.

Aryehs mother senses that something is off and starts begging Aryeh to never leave her. Don’t let Miri come between them. Life is too hectic without him (it was extremely creepy and off putting) and it ends with Aryeh asking his mother what it was like for her when he was born.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:48 pm
Ugh
That is sad
And sick

Creeps me out - I don’t like sick stuff

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:55 pm
I just want to say one thing - this story is being written EXTREMELY well and I am amazed that this issue is being brought up... long overdue. I am so in awe of this writer, and I usually don't like frum fiction.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:19 am
I have read this week's issue twice... it's really exciting to see the story take a turn for the better! Seems like there will be hope for the couple after all B"H!

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:37 am
I thought Nechama didn’t come across well this week. How does being that confrontational help anyone ?

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:40 am
Talk about what issue?
Mental illness and dysfunction?
A mother sickly against her dil and their marriage completely out to lunch and manipulatively enmeshed with her blind colluding married son? Like both so out to lunch in the diner of denial
Glad to say I don’t know anyone in my life who is like this!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:56 am
amother Slategray wrote:
I thought Nechama didn’t come across well this week. How does being that confrontational help anyone ?

I was very disappointed in this weeks installment. Not sure what Nechama is trying to do, and in general parents getting involved never ever works. There is no good way this can end.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:58 am
Such entrenched lifelong dysfunction?
Sad to say all I can think of is run Miri run grab the baby and run Sad

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:59 am
Can someone briefly recap this weeks? I bought it last week but not this week and im so curious what she ended uo doing. Did his mother respond to the question it ended off on?

iluvu

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:16 am
No. Nechama confronts Bella, and tells her the kids marriage is falling apart. Tells Bella she overheard her fighting with her husband and that she needs help

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:25 am
the new twist about Nechama interfering in such a direct manner in their marriage and with their mechutonim is interesting.

Perhaps she is no going about this in the cleverest way and this will be explored.

I think bringing in a third party would have been wise.

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 9:45 am
amother Slategray wrote:

Although Nechama didn't, I think Bella came off worse.

She complained so much about Miri in a way that kinda showed what a narcissist she is.

I thought she sounded evil and deceitful. At least Nechama is a straight shooter.

Besides, the problem IS Bella and her marriage, and the example she set for her son.

I think Nechama did what every mom of a troubled married person wishes she could do.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 9:52 am
Good for nechama
However IRL narcs mentally ill and personality disordered don’t hear logic and then change so not sure what good it can do
Other than making nechama feel better and hoping the sunlight of disinfectant will cleanse and enough with the secrets enabling and collusion

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:01 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:

She complained so much about Miri in a way that kinda showed what a narcissist she is.

I thought she sounded evil and deceitful. At least Nechama is a straight shooter.

Besides, the problem IS Bella and her marriage, and the example she set for her son.

I think Nechama did what every mom of a troubled married person wishes she could do.

Bella was always troubled. That's nothing new. I just didn't expect Nechama to involve herself in the fight like that. She should've consulted a mediator. Ok I know it's fiction so we'll wait and see.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:41 pm
It’s just gonna make things worse.

Bella will integer and tell Arye that he should leave Miri.

As long as she didn’t know what was going on, Arye had an advantage over her.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 7:56 pm
Bothers me that the author is making Aryeh look and act like a tough horrible person when he is just a meek broken man...

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:15 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:

Maybe, but I still don't think it was smart. These are the kind of things that sound good when you're in your own room late at night, not so much in broad daylight.

Shes basically warning Bella what shes planning on doing. And you see how the conversation progresses, Bella is rolling out her defenses (as in, the best defense is a great offense). You think she doesn't know that the concept of therapy exists? Of course she does, but using her son to prop herself and her non marriage up, is way more convenient. Or maybe shes tried therapy in the past and it didn't work.

Not sure Bella is a narc, seems more codependent to me. And she's so stuck in her sad life that she doesn't care, or realize, that she's actually destroying her son's marriage. She'll blame it on Miri and believe it. If only Miri would go along with this whole charade everything would be fine.... so in her mind, it's really all Miris fault.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:21 pm
For all we know Bella’s husband is also broken

Aryeh will leave Miri? Bella will “make” him?

Could be saving her a lifetime of stress

Divorce is not always the worst choice of negative outcomes

Can’t say there’s a promising happily ever after outcome on this horizon

A mediator? Maybe years of intensive therapy or a miracle could untangle this entrenched lifelong dysfunction

They could try living in a different country I guess
Page 7 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room