Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Kitchen aid

bestrong1

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:38 pm
Hi im looking to buy a kitchen aid but am having a hard time figuring out which model to get. Anyone can guide me please?
Also I have a bosch that I use for challa but I find it such a headache to wash. I'm hoping the I can use the kitchen aid to bake in all the time and it will be easy to wash.

happytobemom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:41 pm
Do you mean a kitchen aid in addition to the bosch?
That's what I have, I love that I use my bosch for challah and kitchen aid for pretty much everything else. And yes, much easier to wash! But you can't make challah in the kitchen aid.
The one thing I'll say, don't get the type that the bowl cranks up and down. Get the one that tilts back.

bestrong1

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:44 pm
Yes I want to buy the kitchen aid in addition to my bosch. But there's so many types of kitchen aid!!

ila

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:46 pm
The one that goes up and down is larger why shouldn’t she get that one? It depends her needs…

happytobemom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:48 pm
ila wrote:
The one that goes up and down is larger why shouldn’t she get that one? It depends her needs…

I guess so. I've used both. I found the one that goes up and down to be annoying to deal with. The tilt head is much easier to pour everything into. And it comes in a few sizes, if you want larger.

nylon

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 1:13 am
The tilt head (Artisan 5qt) is easier to dump things in, but the Professional series (5, 6, 7 qt) is a stronger motor and higher capacity. So it very much depends on what you want to do. If you want big batches or you want to bake other breads, I recommend getting a Pro. The splash guard with the pour spout makes it easier to add ingredients.

cbsp

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 7:40 am
We have a tilt head kitchen aid and bought a larger bowl separately.

For Pesach we splurged on the professional series one but I really don't like it as much - it's difficult to check when egg whites are properly whipped with that model. YMMV.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:23 am
I’ve been making a small challah dough recipe the last few years. 2-3 challahs… I don’t make the full 5+ pounds anymore. I don’t like my Bosch because the cover pops off when the machine is on and the machine has to be held down with one hand or it can move all over (even fall off) the counter. My Bosch is quite old so it’s possible that the newer ones are made better.
I was really thinking of getting the kitchen aid for my small challah dough recipe. Why is it not recommended? ( I know it can’t hold a 5 pound dough but I wasn’t looking for that )

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:21 am
I love my KitchenAid but I don't make challah in it. I do knead other doughs in it, but my challah batch (about 6 lbs.) is just too much for it.

srbmom

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:31 am
I love my kitchen aid. Had the first one for about 14 years, now on my second one for about 4 years.
I make a small challah recipe (up to 9 cups of flour) no problem almost every other week and comes out delicious.
I keep mine out and put it away before shabbos because I use it multiple times during the week. It's a breeze to clean
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars