Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ADHD help, natural?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:57 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
I just finished reading finally focused and want to get blood levels tested to see what needs supplementing. If I go to my pediatrician will he be ok with testing whatever is mentioned in the book? I'm imagining he'll laugh at me Surprised

Another question:
This is for my child. How do I go about at the Dr when discussing adhd symptoms? I can see my child would feel so uncomfortable. How do I prepare him? I've never mentioned this possible diagnosis to him.

Thanks in advance.
I took dd to a natural minded doctor for the testing. I did not use the pediatrician. She doesn’t take insurance so it was out of pocket. But I just went for 2 visits one to get the testing done and 1 for the results.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:57 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
I just finished reading finally focused and want to get blood levels tested to see what needs supplementing. If I go to my pediatrician will he be ok with testing whatever is mentioned in the book? I'm imagining he'll laugh at me Surprised

Another question:
This is for my child. How do I go about at the Dr when discussing adhd symptoms? I can see my child would feel so uncomfortable. How do I prepare him? I've never mentioned this possible diagnosis to him.

Thanks in advance.
Some pediatricians are ok with lab requests and some get very defensive. I find that that the “I know I’m a crazy mom but can you please just do this to humor me” attitude works best. There are also places where you can order your own labs, if it comes to that.

Regarding your child, idk how old they are and how self aware they are or not, but mine is extremely resistant and defensive to discussing anything possibly being “wrong” with them (also part of their dx — extreme fight flight) so I usually tell the Dr I’d like to discuss it with them privately and we send the kid to the waiting room while we have the discussion, then call them in and say the dr wants to check a few things to make sure they’re healthy.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:40 am
Dr. Kornitzer is a neurologist who is into vitamins, etc. If you live in NJ and are specifically looking to try alternatives before medication I would recommend him. In general he is of the "minimal medication" mindset.

Just a note that if you have tried alternative options and/or are ready to start the mediation process he is probably not your best option. In my experience, he will not treat aggressively even if you are desperate because your child is about to be thrown out of school.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 11:35 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
My child did amazing with synaptol, it’s homiopathic. Sell it in sprout in Monsey. Hatzlocha!

Anyone else have experience with this? I would love to hear more.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 11:52 am
amother Lemon wrote:
Some pediatricians are ok with lab requests and some get very defensive. I find that that the “I know I’m a crazy mom but can you please just do this to humor me” attitude works best. There are also places where you can order your own labs, if it comes to that.

Regarding your child, idk how old they are and how self aware they are or not, but mine is extremely resistant and defensive to discussing anything possibly being “wrong” with them (also part of their dx — extreme fight flight) so I usually tell the Dr I’d like to discuss it with them privately and we send the kid to the waiting room while we have the discussion, then call them in and say the dr wants to check a few things to make sure they’re healthy.

This makes so much sense. Thank you!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)