Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Vent: there is no such thing as a PART TIME MOTHER!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4

ora_43

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:11 am
NOBODY IS CALLING YOU A PART TIME MOM.

You literally just made that up yourself, and now you're offended by it.

OK, yes, I get how "full time mom" could be read to suggest that anything else is less-than-full-time parenting. But why read it in the worst possible way? Why not just see it as a SAHM trying to find a way to describe what she does in a positive light?

Just FTR, I'm a working mom.

ora_43

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:17 am
Also I hate the argument "working moms do everything SAHMs do, in less time." And again, saying this as a working mom. With no cleaning help except what I can wring out of my kids Crying

But look - my baby is in daycare right now, which means there are a lot of tasks that I'm not doing. I'm not changing her diaper. I'm not playing with her. I'm not keeping her from eating whatever small disgusting things she finds on the floor, and believe me, she is finding small disgusting things, that's basically her superpower.

Ergo, I'm not doing "everything a SAHM is doing." I'm not even doing the main thing that a SAHM is doing, ie, caring for small children all day.

We can bring ourselves up without trying to push SAHMs down. I can say that what SAHMs do is wonderful and valuable without that meaning that I'm a bad person if I don't do it, too. Kind of like with literally every other profession.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics