Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why don't frum stores have mirrors in the dressing room?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:02 pm
Mikvah mirrors are important.
But it did bother me in aishes chayil certain bathrooms have knee height and up mirrors in the half baths, and it’s kinda gross to watch yourself wipe imo.

amother
White

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:26 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Mikvah mirrors are important.
But it did bother me in aishes chayil certain bathrooms have knee height and up mirrors in the half baths, and it’s kinda gross to watch yourself wipe imo.

Rolling Laughter

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:45 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
I asked junees in Lakewood why they don’t have mirrors in the dressing room. They said so people can share the rooms. so when I go out to look in the mirror the next person can use my room. I said I’m chubby and it’s embarrassing to come out in a tight top to look in the mirror. I go to Brooklyn southwest they have mirrors in every room.

I won't shop at Junees for that reason. There's enough other choices in Lakewood, why bother going to a store that won't accommodate me?

gilamom

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:56 pm
I totally agree!!! And the line for the dressing rooms around Yamim Tovim is so long because people have to come in and out and it takes more time, ugh.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:05 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I can't speak for the stores, but I ran a mikvah for a number of years and we had full length mirrors in the rooms and there were many women who complained that it's not tzanuah to have the full length mirror in the rooms because to them, their own body which was only visible to themselves is an issue. We have three sizes of rooms. Finally after so many complaints, we went to the rav of the mikvah and he told us to take down the mirror in the two smallest rooms (three of which are no larger than a broom closet) so more women feel comfortable. So a women who wants a full size mirror at that mikvah had to wait for the largest rooms (only four of them in a very busy mikvah).

Anyway, I imagine the complaint is the same - in a small space, there are those who erroneously believe it's not tzanuah.

You need to halachically do iyun/ self check in a mirror or with your hand on your whole body before tevila.
That seems very strange that 1. woman don’t know that
2. They are uncomfortable looking at their bodies involved in a holy Mitzvah

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:08 am
Yeah, I find that really annoying.
But in my experience it isn't just the frum stores.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 10:55 am
I am not sure what is worse, frum stores with no fitting room mirrors OR frum stores with group fitting rooms with mirrors all around. The former is frustratingly annoying and the latter is plain gross.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics