Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp in America for european girl

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 11:55 am
My 13 year old daughter would like to go to a summer camp in America with a friend. We live in France and she speaks a little English but wants to try it out.
By American standards I guess we are between right wing MO and light yeshivish.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

mha3484

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 11:58 am
Mayaan midwest is that crowd. https://campmaayan.com/

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 1:39 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Mayaan midwest is that crowd. https://campmaayan.com/

This is a great idea.

The hashkafa there and the midwestern warmth could really work out for OP!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:28 pm
Thank you! Do you know how many campers are there average? I am afraid she’ll fell lost if it’s too large!

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:45 am
Consider Sternberg. If you're hoping for smaller I would send her second half. It's a big camp but second half is significantly smaller, and I think these days it's also cheaper (but check their website for that info). A 13 year old would be in younger pioneers. You might hear people say it has become more in towny in recent years and its not untrue, but the vibe as a whole is still diverse, down to earth, and accepting. They often get girls from different countries and I've seen many such girls do very well there.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 2:49 am
Camp Dina

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:09 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
Consider Sternberg. If you're hoping for smaller I would send her second half. It's a big camp but second half is significantly smaller, and I think these days it's also cheaper (but check their website for that info). A 13 year old would be in younger pioneers. You might hear people say it has become more in towny in recent years and its not untrue, but the vibe as a whole is still diverse, down to earth, and accepting. They often get girls from different countries and I've seen many such girls do very well there.

It also looks like a good option, I thought it was really too large but maybe it’s just an impression. Isn’t the no phone calls home too scary for the kids?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:57 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Camp Dina

I love the 2,5 week option!
How is the crowd ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps