Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
London Imas, please help...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:46 am
It looks like I might have to be in London for a Shabbos. (I have to be there Sunday morning.)
I don't know where to begin!
Any kosher hotels? Or a local hotel where I can buy food and have a hotplate in my room? (I'll think later how to get a hotplate)
What are the nearby (preferably chassidish) shuls?
I'll add more questions as I think of them.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:11 am
https://croftcourthotel.london/

This might be a good starting point. It's in the heart of Golders Green, near shops and Shuls.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It looks like I might have to be in London for a Shabbos. (I have to be there Sunday morning.)
I don't know where to begin!
Any kosher hotels? Or a local hotel where I can buy food and have a hotplate in my room? (I'll think later how to get a hotplate)
What are the nearby (preferably chassidish) shuls?
I'll add more questions as I think of them.

Stamford Hill is a chassidishe area.
There is the Park Avenue Hotel in the centre of Stamford Hill right near all the shops. It is a Yiddishe Hotel. However, they do not provide meals. Tel number : +442088005960

The nearest shul is Slonim, (a few doors away) Viznitz (Monsey), Machnivka Belz are 1 min away on the opposite side of the street.

The vacation here has just begun and by Thursday a large majority of people will be gone away on holiday (vacation)

If there is anything further that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to ask!!

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:00 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
https://croftcourthotel.london/

This might be a good starting point. It's in the heart of Golders Green, near shops and Shuls.

As far as I know this hotel is run by chiloni Israelis. It lost its hechsher when they bought it a few years back.

It is well located for Golders green NW11.

Chassidishe shuls in NW11 are khal chassidim or reb chuna's

Nw11 has chassidim but is not a predominantly chassidishe area like Stamford hill N15/n16

There is one kosher hotel in the area - the pillar. It is in hendon NW4 which is an area right next to goldes green - it's pretty much the same area.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:05 am
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
As far as I know this hotel is run by chiloni Israelis. It lost its hechsher when they bought it a few years back.

It is well located for Golders green NW11.

Just to be clear - there's no issue staying there afaik!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:14 am
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:

Huge apologies, OP. I saw a hechsher on the website today Surprised

The Pillar is lovely but $$$$$

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:35 am
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
Stamford Hill is a chassidishe area.
There is the Park Avenue Hotel in the centre of Stamford Hill right near all the shops. It is a Yiddishe Hotel. However, they do not provide meals. Tel number : +442088005960

The nearest shul is Slonim, (a few doors away) Viznitz (Monsey), Machnivka Belz are 1 min away on the opposite side of the street.

The vacation here has just begun and by Thursday a large majority of people will be gone away on holiday (vacation)

If there is anything further that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to ask!!

Thanks everyone. Imamother is an amazing place! Perfect strangers taking the time to help an anonymous woman!

I guess my next question is what are the London neighborhoods? From this thread I see Stamford hill and Golders green.
Viznits and belz are both a familiar Chassidus to me so I guess I should focus on Stamford hill?
The week I have to be there is after everyone will be back from vacation already iyh.
This Park ave hotel looks nice. Know if I'll be able to put a hot plate in the room and eat in the room?
Are there any good heimish takeouts in the area? What's the hechsher? What shchita?
Is there an eiruv?
Thank you everyone so much!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:54 am
Park Avenue has a resturant on ground floor of hotel with Kedassia hechsher which is the most heimish hechsher here.
They would be able to tell you if they have/ allow hot plates in the room.
The hotel is just off the main Stamford Junction which has several groceries, pizza store, bakeries , delis where all shabos food is available.
As mentioned there are very many shuls around of every type nd chasidus.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone. Imamother is an amazing place! Perfect strangers taking the time to help an anonymous woman!

I guess my next question is what are the London neighborhoods? From this thread I see Stamford hill and Golders green.
Viznits and belz are both a familiar Chassidus to me so I guess I should focus on Stamford hill?
The week I have to be there is after everyone will be back from vacation already iyh.
This Park ave hotel looks nice. Know if I'll be able to put a hot plate in the room and eat in the room?
Are there any good heimish takeouts in the area? What's the hechsher? What shchita?
Is there an eiruv?
Thank you everyone so much!

Not all the rooms are nice at the Park Avenue Hotel. Only a few that have been renovated.
I don't know about a hotplate but I'm sure they will be able to advise you about this.

Yes, there are a few heimishe takeouts. The nearest one (fleishig) is called Royal Meats and is around the corner from the hotel. Approx, a three minute walk.
The best hechsher is Kedassia. Same goes for the Shechita.
All establishments under the Kedassia hashgocha automatically only use Kedassia Shechita.

There is an eiruv from Kedassia (the central Kehilla) However, it only covers a small fraction of the heimishe Stamford Hill area, and does not include where the Park Avenue Hotel is.

OP, would you consider a short term private rental?
You can have nice comfortable accommodation with all your requirements met including a hotplate. These places are specifically geared for out of towners.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:15 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Huge apologies, OP. I saw a hechsher on the website today Surprised

The Pillar is lovely but $$$$$

Yes you are right it's on the website! So if anyone reading this later wants to know I guess call the federation (I checked the feds website but it doesn't list hotels)

And I can't see anything on the pillar website re their kashrus but I know the people who run it and they are definitely frum!! And it's known as the kosher hotel in the area

$$$$ might be relative 😊

Hatzlocha with your stay OP. Certainly if you are talking vishnitz Vs belz Stamford hill is a 'proper' chassidishe area

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:48 am
Deli98 in SH has the most amazing food.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:15 am
I think you should be in Stamford Hill I will be in two weeks in GG NW11 is different, there are also hachnachas orchim houses there but I don't know I've been once in SH.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:09 am
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:

OP, would you consider a short term private rental?
You can have nice comfortable accommodation with all your requirements met including a hotplate. These places are specifically geared for out of towners.

Maybe. Can you give me more details? Thanks.
I'll be coming with 2 kids and a baby.

Thank you so much! I don't know a soul in London! I'm so lost about this whole trip! I really appreciate you all!

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe. Can you give me more details? Thanks.
I'll be coming with 2 kids and a baby.

Thank you so much! I don't know a soul in London! I'm so lost about this whole trip! I really appreciate you all!

I’d be happy to help you out but I’m in the Hendon area.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:28 am
If you are Chasidish then Stamford Hill is the area to be where you would feel comfortable. No need to be lost, there is a big welcoming kehilla here. With a bit of jewish geography you are sure to find people connected to people you know.
Everything is available here
Since you are coming with babies please note there is just one area within the stamford hill area that has an eruv.
If u want a rental rather than a hotel you can pm me for numbers of agents that do short term rentals for guest. Otherwise the hotel is in the most central spot in stmford hill you can get.

Raisin

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:09 pm
There are many more options for restuarants and delis in GG, but they may or may not be hechsherim you are comfortable with. Everything in Stamford Hill has kedassia hechsher (or maybe satmar) but there are only 2 sit down waiter service restaurants, plus a couple of pizza places, bakeries, delis, etc. The resturant in the hotel looks amazing, although I haven't eaten there yet.

I didn't know there was an eruv in stamford hill! Where does it cover?? Does everyone use it?

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:14 pm
The Totenham area has an eruv approved by Kedassia

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:25 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
The Totenham area has an eruv approved by Kedassia

Not all complete streets are fully in the Eruv. It can start/end a bit further into the street. Especially near the High Road.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 5:42 pm
Hi op! Just found this thread now. Was wondering how your trip to London was? Where did you stay? I am from Stamford hill would have loved to help you but missed it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries