Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Smaller group - not Jewish

justforfun87

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 1:44 pm
So it seems not only Lakewood has a limited amount of babysitters with babies in high ratios but so do other cities. I am currently looking for next year. My baby will be 1. I met a very sweet woman who has great recommendations but she takes 6 babies and works by herself. Another option is a babysitter also highly recommended who takes 4 babies but isn't Jewish.
So tell me... which one please? Non Jewish lady is a bit cheaper.

No I can't quit my job.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:06 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
So it seems not only Lakewood has a limited amount of babysitters with babies in high ratios but so do other cities. I am currently looking for next year. My baby will be 1. I met a very sweet woman who has great recommendations but she takes 6 babies and works by herself. Another option is a babysitter also highly recommended who takes 4 babies but isn't Jewish.
So tell me... which one please? Non Jewish lady is a bit cheaper.

No I can't quit my job.

Please do not take someone not Jewish!

I can’t stress this enough!

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:08 pm
Use the very sweet woman Smile

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:13 pm
I think 6 is doable. If you asked people that used her and checked out the space and how she works with the babies I would feel comfortable.

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:20 pm
Your one year old will start walking and putting stuff in their mouth. The supervision needed is not the same as a little baby who still naps a good part of the day and isnt so mobile yet. With 6 babies and one sitter at least some of them will be napping at any given time so I would be less nervous. She is not watching 6 awake babies at once I would think. A one year old is more toddler, they crawl, walk take fewer naps. My criteria would not be the same.

Neither option would make me happy but to me smaller would be better. I would only do it for a year. At 2 and for sure 3 I think they should be with jews.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 5:10 pm
You know you're going to get every and any opinion on this, right?
I say for sure only Jewish.
I'm sure others will say no big deal, the other benefits outweigh.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 5:15 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/18.....2012.

Frumme

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 5:46 pm
amother Denim wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/18/us/manhattan-nanny-found-guilty-in-deaths#:~:text=Yoselyn%20Ortega%20was%20found%20guilty,in%20Manhattan%20in%20October%202012.

This is tragic, but what does it have to do with OP's question?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 5:51 pm
Frumme wrote:
This is tragic, but what does it have to do with OP's question?

Whenever someone mentions a non-jewish caretaker for children I remember this story.

GLUE

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 6:23 pm
Were does this non-Jewish women work? In her house or a Jewish persons house?

I know a few people who hired a non-Jewish women to work in their house and also watch other kids to help with the cost. If this is the case I would be more willing to go to the non-Jewish lady, I would not feel to comfortable to send to a non-Jewish house.

That is just me.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 6:36 pm
Jewish lady

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:41 pm
6 kids is way too many for one person. It isn't safe, I don't see it as an option.
I wouldn't like sending to a non-Jew, but if it's actually your only option (is it?) I would choose that instead, because my child's physical safety comes first.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 9:27 am
I would choose a not Jewish person In a Jewish person's house, if the ratio is smaller.

I do that now.

My child is getting 1000 times better care
There is no question.

There are cameras and the dedication I see every moment of the day is astounding.

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 11:00 am
amother Denim wrote:
Whenever someone mentions a non-jewish caretaker for children I remember this story.

This is Puke
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics