Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood vaad
Previous  1  2

keym

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:53 pm
I know quite a few families whose daughters still don't have schools.
I know it's very very stressful. I've been there before.
But a few things to keep in mind.

1) the Vaad does help get the girls into schools. Eventually. They move very slowly. Most of their work is done after Shavuos, and even then usually mostly in August.

2) it's easier if you try to remind yourself that it's really not personal, it's just a number problem. It's very hard, but easier to handle if you remind yourself of that.

3) every week or so, you or your pull should get in touch with your 2 preferred schools to remind them that you still don't have a school, that you'd love to send. This is important for if a school decides to open another parallel class- you want to be on their mind. Also, ask the school if they know of any other options that may have room or may be opening up. They would know if new schools are being planned. It also makes you look flexible and not rigid.

4) keep your eyes peeled in the Voice and BP. Sometimes new schools decide to open now. They would advertise there.

Hatzlocha. I know there's really nothing to say to make it less painful and stressful. Iyh it will go smoothly.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:59 pm
I know quite a few people who were placed by the Vaad the week before school started. (I once had a neighbor who was related to the principal of a school and didn't get in. She was told she would get in the week before school started, but not before because if they did, the Vaad would make them take someone else the week before school started.)

Some of these people actually ended up in their first-choice school. Some of them ended up in a school they had not considered.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 10:21 pm
I did this last year. BH the vaad helped but it was a long and stressful journey. It really is a numbers game, it's so hard! Good luck!

Perrys

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 7:46 pm
Has anyone with a boy heard back yet?

Perrys

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 6:59 pm
Bump

viv1263

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:48 am
Someone just informed me of a situation where their two daughters are still not in school for THIS year. I'm heartbroken and I have no idea what to do to help these girls. Is this a common situation?
It's true I don't know all the particulars, but what is a parent to do in such a situation? who are they supposed to be in contact with? I imagine they've been calling the world.... I can't understand how the vaad wasn't able to place them.....

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:49 am
viv1263 wrote:
Someone just informed me of a situation where their two daughters are still not in school for THIS year. I'm heartbroken and I have no idea what to do to help these girls. Is this a common situation?
It's true I don't know all the particulars, but what is a parent to do in such a situation? who are they supposed to be in contact with? I imagine they've been calling the world.... I can't understand how the vaad wasn't able to place them.....

There's a thread about this

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....01777

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 11:00 am
viv1263 wrote:

Then at this point, shame on the parents. There are other options and the kids don't have to be the korban. I said this in the other thread also. They can send to a school in Deal. They can move. They can think outside of the box. They can do so many other things other than have their kids sit at home.

viv1263

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 11:07 am
amother Birch wrote:
There's a thread about this

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....01777

oh! I wasn't aware, thank you

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 12:03 pm
amother Pink wrote:
Then at this point, shame on the parents. There are other options and the kids don't have to be the korban. I said this in the other thread also. They can send to a school in Deal. They can move. They can think outside of the box. They can do so many other things other than have their kids sit at home.

It's not so simple. If you haven't experienced the lakewood system, you should not be speaking. Moving is not an option for everyone, people have their businesses and parnassah set up here and it may not work out in another place. The school that these girls were in is extremely modern, im talking mothers wearing pants and do not cover their hair.

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 12:50 pm
amother Pink wrote:

I had issues placing my girls when I moved to Lakewood. Contacted NY schools and was told they told take anyone from Lakewood because Lakewood should take care of themselves.

fzl

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 10:43 am
These are not the numbers anymore
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries