Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatrician Lakewood
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 9:56 pm
Hi
I like in Lakewood and looking fir a pediatrician fir my kids, nice warm place, not a rigid place
S Dr that listend to you, is not crazy strict on vaccines, which I do vaccinate but I spread it apart
Any suggestion would be great if help, willing to travel

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 10:29 pm
Try Dr Fenster ! ( Kinder Pediatrics )
I recently saw they advertised they are taking new patients , which is unusual . Pretty sure he requires vaccines but maybe modified schedule is ok. Call the office and ask

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 10:40 pm
Dr eilenberg

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 11:10 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
Dr eilenberg

Is he taking new patients ? Thanks

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 11:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is he taking new patients ? Thanks

I can't imagine you will get to see him. Probably just the PAs in the practice

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 11:56 pm
Dr. Diamond

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:38 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Try Dr Fenster ! ( Kinder Pediatrics )
I recently saw they advertised they are taking new patients , which is unusual . Pretty sure he requires vaccines but maybe modified schedule is ok. Call the office and ask

Ummm not sure if you actually take your kids there, because everyone who does & has in the past, knows that he is very by the book and on schedule when it comes to vaccines. My neighbor was kicked out cuz she didn't want to vaccinate on time. We were there for 3 months & then left due to other reasons of negligence

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:40 am
amother Mustard wrote:
Ummm not sure if you actually take your kids there, because everyone who does & has in the past, knows that he is very by the book and on schedule when it comes to vaccines. My neighbor was kicked out cuz she didn't want to vaccinate on time. We were there for 3 months & then left due to other reasons of negligence

Hi where are you today?

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:41 am
Im very happy with dr diamonds group. I space out the vaccines with no problem. I dont vaccinate anything before 3 months and I dont give mmr before 2 years at least and they always say np whatever you want

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:44 am
Dr eilenberg is who people use when they don’t want any pressure around vaccines. But I use a regular Lakewood pediatrician and they are ok with me spreading out the vaccines a bit (within limits though). My pediatrician is closed to new patients but the point is I think most pediatricians will work with you. Depends how much of a change you’re asking for.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 10:21 am
We use Dr. Fenster and I have always modified my children's vaccine schedule. I give one shot at a time and as long as he knows I come in additional times besides well visits to give them a vaccine, he's been fine with it.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 10:35 am
following

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 10:41 am
The only practices that are flexible with not vaccinating (even partially) or pushing off/splitting up vaccines are:

Dr Eilenberg
Precious Health
Chemed

The other practices are much more on top of things and it's not usual for it to work out smoothly.

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:26 am
I use Dr Fenster.

They definitely do believe in vaccinating. But I’ve pushed off vaccines by a bit, and once I explained my reasoning, they were fine with it. So they’re not black and white, yes and no. They don’t push for flu and COVID vaccine. Meaning, they encourage it but don't force it.

I've found they are very respectful if you come in educated. Don't just say I'm pushing it off until I feel like it. Explain your reasonings for each delayed/skipped vaccine. I've never had an issue. Maybe a side-eyed look, but nothing more.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:29 pm
Any more info on Dr Eilenberg please? Is he a nice personality? Does he pick up on stuff... how is his staff?? Thanks

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:43 pm
I really like precious health (dr diamond). Recommend trying them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:48 pm
Do you feel like he knows your children? As it’s a large practice

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you feel like he knows your children? As it’s a large practice

We see the same doctor almost every time so he gets to know them somewhat. Dr. Diamond and Wertzberger are excellent.

I don’t know if any practice in Lakewood is the old fashioned type where the doctor knows the family well. I think that kind of practice just doesn’t exist anymore.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 12:11 am
I use precious health with dr.ziskind and I pushed off giving vaccines until my baby turned one. By his first well visit they kind of were like it’s been a year and it’s time to give him his first vaccine otherwise you can find another office. He said he would work with us doing one at a time and come back 2 months later…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 9:37 am
Any other pediatrician to suggest, doesn’t not yo be a Jewish dr, I’m looking not for a clinic style , more on a personal level like these old fashioned style doc
Open minded thanks
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics