Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Polio in NYC wastewater
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

octopus

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 11:19 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
I am wondering if there any another’s in Boro park/Flatbush send to schools that don’t ask for vaccine records. Personally, I used to work as a therapist in a very chassidish school that did not seem very official. I am curious if you can get away with not vaccinating in these places.

If they participate in any government programs like upk or 3k they will be asking for vaccine records.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 3:19 am
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
Once you lose people's trust you have a hard time getting it back. They blatantly lied about the covid vaccine and now I should trust them about other vaccines?

The polio one has been here for 50 years. Isnt that before Fauci even was a doctor? New vaccines are a different situation. This is an old one that has been given how many million (billion?) times over the course of 5 decades?!?

I think Fauci is evil and lied so many times and was on an ego trip. I wouldnt trust him. (I got vaccinated for covid early on in the pandemic due to my job but didnt get booster.)

But the polio vaccine is a totally different category of medical innovations. It has been proven to work.
Anyone who gets IPV cannot get polio.

Dont compare covid to polio. The IPV vaccine works to prevent polio.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 3:45 am
Listen to the podcast “a shot in the dark” by Candace Owens.
You’ll fall off your chair.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 10:43 pm
amother Bone wrote:
The polio one has been here for 50 years. Isnt that before Fauci even was a doctor? New vaccines are a different situation. This is an old one that has been given how many million (billion?) times over the course of 5 decades?!?

I think Fauci is evil and lied so many times and was on an ego trip. I wouldnt trust him. (I got vaccinated for covid early on in the pandemic due to my job but didnt get booster.)

But the polio vaccine is a totally different category of medical innovations. It has been proven to work.
Anyone who gets IPV cannot get polio.

Dont compare covid to polio. The IPV vaccine works to prevent polio.
Do you really think the issues started with Covid and everything before is squeaky clean? If yes, how would you explain that?

Not saying Covid and polio virus and/or vax are in the same category, but strikes me as really naive to think the issues started with Covid out of thin air.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 12:43 am
Any update on this situation?

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 12:55 am
Yes
Despite all fear mongering to the contrary
There has been no polio outbreaks B”H

Go figure

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 12:56 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Any update on this situation?

Pure scare tactics nothing happened as usual.

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 1:01 am
How many times can we fall for the same play?
Nyt and others start pumping articles
CNN and others breathlessly chime in
Well meaning people get sucked in

And they wonder why no one listens anymore

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:23 am
I’m following this closely.

It seems lots of samples are turning up positive, they are expanding wastewater testing in several different states, but so far bh bh no more actual positive symptomatic cases have been reported.

The things I wonder about are

They haven’t been testing wastewater for a long time. Do we know if they would have gotten positives let’s say a year or 2 ago?

Could these positives be coming from immigrants and visitors who get the live vaccine before they come here?

Could the virus actually be circulating albeit very very slowly?

And does vdvp just cause paralysis at a much much lower rate than wild polio, which is entirely plausible.

There hasn’t been any testing of actual people, so it’s really hard to track this.

Slightly off topic but there’s been an ongoing measles outbreak in Columbus Ohio for a month or so.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:25 am
amother Mint wrote:

It seems lots of samples are turning up positive, they are expanding wastewater testing in several different states, but so far bh bh no more actual positive symptomatic cases have been reported.

They haven’t been testing wastewater for a long time. Do we know if they would have gotten positives let’s say a year or 2 ago?

Could these positives be coming from immigrants and visitors who get the live vaccine before they come here?

And does vdvp just cause paralysis at a much much lower rate than wild polio, which is entirely plausible.

There hasn’t been any testing of actual people, so it’s really hard to track this.

Slightly off topic but there’s been an ongoing measles outbreak in Columbus Ohio for a month or so.

According to Dept of Health, October had only one positive sample in Rockland county, which is where the "outbreak" started.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:29 am
According to Dept of Health, October had only one positive sample in Rockland county, which is where the "outbreak" started.
Hopefully that’s good news.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:33 am
amother Mint wrote:

How come? There are no ultra-Orthodox haredi Jews there.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:34 am
amother Mint wrote:

Wastewater testing has been going on since before covid. It’s only become a hot topic lately. In LA, they saw clear leading indicators on covid starting over two years ago in wastewater.

If they mentioned nothing, and a polio epidemic blew up, the govt would be blamed for not warning people. It’s lose lose for health commissioners on this.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:35 am
How come? There are no ultra-Orthodox haredi Jews there.

Lol omg this is so small minded. There is a huge immigrant population with a huge university and unrelated yes there are haredi Jews there too lol

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:37 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Wastewater testing has been going on since before covid. It’s only become a hot topic lately. In LA, they saw clear leading indicators on covid starting over two years ago in wastewater.

If they mentioned nothing, and a polio epidemic blew up, the govt would be blamed for not warning people. It’s lose lose for health commissioners on this.
They weren’t testing for polio. They were testing for other things. I don’t mind if they mention polio positive samples, but it’s only honest to provide context. Disclaimers like, we don’t know what testing looked like 2 years ago for polio, and we don’t actually know what these positives mean.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:38 am
amother Mint wrote:
They weren’t testing for polio. They were testing for other things. I don’t mind if they mention polio positive samples, but it’s only honest to provide context. Disclaimers like, we don’t know what testing looked like 2 years ago for polio, and we don’t actually know what these positives mean.

Really? How do you know this? They have been testing for many things including more traditional diseases throughout the US for a long time. I get my information from someone who does this for a living on the west coast and is very involved in this industry.

Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:40 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Really? How do you know this? They have been testing for many things including more traditional diseases throughout the US. I get my information from someone who does this for a living on the west coast.
Because when the case was found, they quickly had to go find older samples and run testing on them. The results weren’t available right away. And a few months later NJ decided to run some polio testing. And now the cdc is helping some other states add back in polio testing. And all the news articles clearly said the US dropped polio testing a while ago.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:41 am
amother Mint wrote:
Because when the case was found, they quickly had to go find older samples and run testing on them. The results weren’t available right away. And a few months later NJ decided to run some polio testing. And now the cdc is helping some other states add back in polio testing. And all the news articles clearly said the US dropped polio testing a while ago.

Lol sure. I think I have better sources than “all the news articles” which no one has read. I’ll eat my hat if you read every news article.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 10:50 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Lol omg this is so small minded. There is a huge immigrant population with a huge university and unrelated yes there are haredi Jews there too lol

OMG. Banging head It was said tongue in cheek.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 10:52 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Lol sure. I think I have better sources than “all the news articles” which no one has read. I’ll eat my hat if you read every news article.

We were not told about polio positive cases in the wastewater until there was a paralytic case of polio in July. That's when they went and tested back until April, and that's when the public was informed.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics