Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Low cost of living

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 6:22 am
We don’t live in the US or Israel and my husband lost his job. We’re looking to move almost anywhere in the world where there is a low cost of living, a jewish community, and jobs. I’m an American citizen and my husband is Israeli. My kids are mid to high teens and older. My husband is not interested in Israel. I know it’s almost impossible to move somewhere without a job, but I’m asking anyway. He has a high school diploma, but is an excellent worker and very smart. Spanish speaking is a plus. We’re JPF. Our savings are almost depleted. Sad

amother
Black

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 6:51 am
What field does he want to work in? Maybe someone here can set him up with a leads for a job in their town?

In the US, out of town, middle of the country areas tend to be cheaper- like south bend or Cincinnati

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 7:47 am
amother Black wrote:
What field does he want to work in? Maybe someone here can set him up with a leads for a job in their town?

In the US, out of town, middle of the country areas tend to be cheaper- like south bend or Cincinnati

He doesn’t have any specific field. He has done many different things over the years, but for the past 15 years he has been working in management.

essie14

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 9:14 am
How would he work in the US if he's not a citizen? Wouldn't he have to find a job to sponsor him?

4g01o

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 9:17 am
No where is cheap living when you're frum unfortunately.

How about England?
Or are you from here already?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 6:19 am
essie14 wrote:
How would he work in the US if he's not a citizen? Wouldn't he have to find a job to sponsor him?

That is not an issue. He can work there.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:11 am
So why don't you move to the US? There are places where the cost of living is low. I think south bend is very affordable. But if he can get a job, move wherever that job is.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 9:50 am
U need a car and an extra freezer but waterbury CT is cheap for housing. Lots of jobs within 35 min. Jobs at the school. Can stock up on low price meat & cheese a few time a year from monsey cost price food distribution or bingo. HS kids probably will have to go somewhere else for school but maybe u can make it work locally. American HS tuition isn't cheap tho. If u have family and ur kids can board for hs that will help.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 10:58 am
I would think to move to bp, he can probaby find a job easily if he is not picky . go to businesses on 13th ave or flatbush
you might have to rent a small basement but for starting might be good enough

schools work with you and the people and schools in BP are very very nice
people give away perfect quality furniture for free, you just might have to rent a uhaul truck to move it and you can furnish your whole apt

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:02 am
If you put in an ad in the luach hatzibur or kol berama, stating that your husband is fluent in Spanish
many businesses would be thrilled!
That is if you are coming to Brooklyn.

nylon

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 5:14 pm
Does he have a green card for the US already? because you'll have to sponsor him to come here.

TBH I think visa issues are going to determine where you go.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 5:39 pm
He would do great working in management at a grocery store in the US where many workers only speak Spanish!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating