Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
If you have a single gender family…
Previous  1  2  3

If you have a single gender family, which gender is it?
Girls  
 47%  [ 52 ]
Boys  
 52%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 110

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:33 am
I have 3 boys and then two girls but my boys are all elementary- middle school age my girls are under 4. I feel like my boys have the most needs, PTC, talking to teachers, homework, school events their social and emotional needs, they tend to dominate the house so I feel a lot like a boy family.

When my younger girl starts school Ill have a 15 year old in mesivta, a 9 and 11 year old boy. As they get older and are home less and less and my girls get older I feel like my house will change so much. It will be more girl oriented after years of it being more boy oriented.

Last edited by mha3484 on Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:37 am
amother Linen wrote:
1 girl. bunch of boys.

I didnt vote cuz I have one of the other. didn't want to mess the results

Me too. And pregnant with another boy.

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:46 am
amother OP wrote:
How are your boys with your girl? What’s that like?

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I have the same dynamic, so figured I'd respond... my daughter often gets upset when the boys get rowdy, sometimes she'll want to be included in their games but then it gets too rough and she ends up crying... so that part is tough... but she also loves being the princess and having the status as the only girl. Because she is my only daughter we can have "girl time" together and nobody is jealous. So that part is definitely nice. Knowing that I'm having another boy, I'm hoping we'll be able to do a girls trip together when she's a bit older. Maybe for her bas mitzvah...
She's currently 9, and she actually told me she doesn't want me to have a girl because then she'd lose her status, and it wouldn't be "worth it" because the baby would be so much younger than her... part of me is sad for her that I missed the window for her to grow up with a sister, but I'm happy it doesn't seem to bother her. When my youngest son (currently two) was born, she was pretty upset.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:47 am
Have all boys and LOVE it. So glad I don't have to deal with girl drama.

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 2:34 pm
3 Boys and 1 Girl. (I didn't vote)
Love my boys!!! There is something special about them, and theres something special about my daughter being such a girly...

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 2:47 pm
I only have girls and I love it so much. They borrow my clothes, ask to go shopping together, talk about stuff I actually want to hear about, and let me do their hair. Like other posters, I would have no clue how to raise a boy. However, over yomim tovim I long for a boy since my husband is a cohen and I wish I could pass that legacy forward.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 3:28 pm
amother Canary wrote:
I know this wasn't addressed to me but I have the same dynamic, so figured I'd respond... my daughter often gets upset when the boys get rowdy, sometimes she'll want to be included in their games but then it gets too rough and she ends up crying... so that part is tough... but she also loves being the princess and having the status as the only girl. Because she is my only daughter we can have "girl time" together and nobody is jealous. So that part is definitely nice. Knowing that I'm having another boy, I'm hoping we'll be able to do a girls trip together when she's a bit older. Maybe for her bas mitzvah...
She's currently 9, and she actually told me she doesn't want me to have a girl because then she'd lose her status, and it wouldn't be "worth it" because the baby would be so much younger than her... part of me is sad for her that I missed the window for her to grow up with a sister, but I'm happy it doesn't seem to bother her. When my youngest son (currently two) was born, she was pretty upset.

wow, you're lucky she seems to enjoy her single-daughter status and is taking it in stride. my only daughter is quite disappointed about it (maybe cuz I am too but I never told her a thing).
I do try to give her nice experiences and stuff but I guess she knows it can't take the place of a sister.

I'm still hoping and praying she'll have a bunch one day.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 4:20 pm
I've got 2 boys, expecting in a few months hoping for another boy. Everyone just had girls and last time I lined up with everyone they had girls and I love how mine is different
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics