Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What happened to the save Maimonides campaign
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 7:04 am
They were out full force and suddenly silence. What’s going on? Feels like the suspicious stuff that has been going on in our government in the last few years.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 7:18 am
amother OP wrote:
They were out full force and suddenly silence. What’s going on? Feels like the suspicious stuff that has been going on in our government in the last few years.

I saw a TV commercial for it this weekend, as well as a FB ad.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 4:56 am
I think it did its work.

Ppl are demanding change

Maimonides is subtly making changes (hired few hundred new nurses recently)

they jus did a full bus wrap ad here in bp on a city bus.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 4:59 am
No major suspicious stuff. It was basically ppl involved on both sides of HR of Maimonides and there were big changes were going on internally (like the decision of how to move forward out of their "bankruptcy " etc

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:30 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
I thought this was interesting, feels like it adds more info to the whole situation

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 12:00 pm
I was just there this week. They told me it would be up to an 8 hour wait in the ER. The people were crowded.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 12:10 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
I think it did its work.

Ppl are demanding change

Maimonides is subtly making changes (hired few hundred new nurses recently)

they jus did a full bus wrap ad here in bp on a city bus.

Nah, don't think so.
I was in the hospital with my grandfather last week, they were definitely understaffed.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:09 pm
Everyone realized that place is beyond saving

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 5:29 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Everyone realized that place is beyond saving

It shouldn't be. 40 years ago it was the best hospital in the borough. And we certainly have more than our fair share of lousy hospitals here.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 6:52 pm
I don't understand why people still use this hospital? I will not go there

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 9:01 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I was just there this week. They told me it would be up to an 8 hour wait in the ER. The people were crowded.

Last week my relative was in the ER for 25 hours before getting to a hospital room.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 9:23 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
Last week my relative was in the ER for 25 hours before getting to a hospital room.

This is common in many NYC hospitals.. a few years ago my DH waited 21 hours in Mt. Sinai's ER before getting a bed..

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 9:29 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:

It seems like 25 hours isn't bad in a city hospital.

I was in the ER in Mount Sinai West. The waiting room was approximately the size of my walk in closet and there were 10 chairs in there.

One chair was occupied by someone that was there from the day before hooked up to IV waiting to be admitted.

The man was told that he might still have to be in the ER for another night because there are no beds in the hospital.

In that very room they asked me to remove my top because I needed an injection on my shoulder for pain.

I asked them are you serious? You want me to uncover in front of everyone else here? Guess what I was in such tremendous pain and needed that pain medication shot that I simply lifted my top and gave them access to my shoulders.

I was in tremendous pain and when they finally came to treat me they needed a bed but every single ER room was full and they had already put in another bed in every room!

In front of every room along the hallway there was also a bed so that space was taken as well.

In the end they did find one room that didn't have double occupancy yet.

They put in a bed for me but now the chair in which the other patient's mother was sitting in didn't have space between the two beds so she continued sitting in an awkward position right next to my head.

The doctor came in to treat me but I begged for privacy so they brought a makeshift curtain. But now the doctor didn't have room in the room.
So I sat up, went onto a chair outside of the "room" and the doctor sat down on the bed and treated me.

In the end they realized the space was too small and the doctor together with her assistant went to look for a room where they can actually do the procedure.

This is part 1 of a horrendous ER experience in a city hospital. I can write a few page article from that night alone.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 9:35 pm
Which hospital thats closest to BP do people go to, for a better Emergency Room experience?

Where does Hatzalah take BP patients now?

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 9:51 pm
Maimonides has a branch in Flatbush went to recently was totally quiet and service was fine, though was just for stitches.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 9:57 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Which hospital thats closest to BP do people go to, for a better Emergency Room experience?

I think Cobble Hill

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 10:02 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I think Cobble Hill

If you mean NYU Langone Health—Cobble Hill 83 Amity St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, I see thats a 12 minute ride from BP (when theres no traffic). Not bad.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 1:07 am
amother Cognac wrote:

Hatzalah will still only take to Maimonides unless they need a specialty hospital like trauma center or burn unit c"v.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 1:09 am
amother Yolk wrote:
Maimonides has a branch in Flatbush went to recently was totally quiet and service was fine, though was just for stitches.

I was there for an antibody infusion, and when a patient coming in from an ambulance coded, it was a disaster. There were only orderlies around and they had no idea how to do CPR. It was like watching a bunch of janitors running around screaming while the patient just laid there. What a shanda.

amother
Zinnia

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 5:47 am
Hatzalah just took someone to northwell from brooklyn.
They go to other hospitals Methodist is supposed to be better
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries