Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Growth Curve Serial in Mishpacha
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 12:31 am
So what did ppl think about this week's chapter? Was quite intense

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:30 am
its so good

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:31 am
amother OP wrote:

very....

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:57 am
amother OP wrote:

Same thing I thought before. Reactions aren't realistic.

The family first serial got a little bit better. The growth curve is still so off the tracks.

momallhours

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 9:49 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Same thing I thought before. Reactions aren't realistic.

The family first serial got a little bit better. The growth curve is still so off the tracks.

This exactly. It gotta be real and relatable..

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 9:54 pm
I'm loving Growth Curve. First thing I turn to!

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 11:03 pm
I love it and don’t think they should change a thing!

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 11:28 pm
Staying out overnight with no notice? That’s normal at all?

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 11:49 pm
Why does it have to be normal for it to happen in a serial?
He clearly had a breakdown of sorts.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 1:29 am
I looked up this serial on mishpacha’s website after reading this thread, you guys made it sounds so interesting. I was not let down - that was such a fun, intense read! My heart goes out to Tziporah and a little bit to Benny too, he’s so pathetic.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 2:41 am
TravelHearter wrote:

A story should be realistic. It's not a realistic reaction. As I posted earlier in the thread the only people who do such things in real life are not mentally stable/have a mental illness/abuser who did something like this on purpose etc.

It would of been more realistic if he told his wife I need to to just get out, and think. I'll be back tomorrow (or in a few hours) , and ran out the door.

You are a husband and father it's a basic responsibility to make sure your family knows your alive and okay. What he did was neglectful and borderline abusive.

juggling

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 6:32 am
LovesHashem wrote:
A story should be realistic. It's not a realistic reaction. As I posted earlier in the thread the only people who do such things in real life are not mentally stable/have a mental illness/abuser who did something like this on purpose etc.

It would of been more realistic if he told his wife I need to to just get out, and think. I'll be back tomorrow (or in a few hours) , and ran out the door.

You are a husband and father it's a basic responsibility to make sure your family knows your alive and okay. What he did was neglectful and borderline abusive.

But I think that's kind of the point. His father walked out on them iirc. And he basically resolved never to be like his father, but never really figured out what that looks like. And when his world started to fall apart he just fell apart right with it.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 7:14 am
juggling wrote:
But I think that's kind of the point. His father walked out on them iirc. And he basically resolved never to be like his father, but never really figured out what that looks like. And when his world started to fall apart he just fell apart right with it.

Agree

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 8:20 am
TravelHearter wrote:

I don't think so - a real breakdown doesn't just end with a few hours of sleep.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 8:35 am
Chayalle wrote:
I don't think so - a real breakdown doesn't just end with a few hours of sleep.

Right I don't think he's having a breakdown, he's just having a crisis of sorts. Suddenly finding himself in a position where the rent is too high, his family won't be making it, he's questioning everything and its come to a head. Like a quarter life crisis? We started out in Ramat Eshkol and I think a lot of my friends went through similar things at one point or another, like ahhh what are we even doing? A lot of them ended up moving back.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 8:41 am
amother Brunette wrote:
Right I don't think he's having a breakdown, he's just having a crisis of sorts. Suddenly finding himself in a position where the rent is too high, his family won't be making it, he's questioning everything and its come to a head. Like a quarter life crisis? We started out in Ramat Eshkol and I think a lot of my friends went through similar things at one point or another, like ahhh what are we even doing? A lot of them ended up moving back.

Right, that was my impression as well. He's living in a dream world, pushing all his limits and his wife struggling to make it all work. Suddenly realizing it isn't, and he's going to have to make some changes that he hasn't wanted to face.
I imagine this happens to alot of young couples. It (hopefully) leads to growing up....

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 8:42 am
Chayalle wrote:
Right, that was my impression as well. He's living in a dream world, pushing all his limits and his wife struggling to make it all work. Suddenly realizing it isn't, and he's going to have to make some changes that he hasn't wanted to face.
I imagine this happens to alot of young couples. It (hopefully) leads to growing up....

Yea, exactly.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 9:02 am
amother Fern wrote:
Staying out overnight with no notice? That’s normal at all?

That's the whole thing. They need some serious coaching/therapy to get to security.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 9:03 am
LovesHashem wrote:

Again, he didn't have a normal model. It was fight or flight.
ETA: I see Juggling got here first. I'll let my posts stand.

momallhours

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:47 am
Funny the thing that irked me most this week was when he was finally speaking honestly to his wife after this whole running away situation and he picks up his phone! Seriously!! I don't care who is calling!

I was laughing to myself imagining it on here "My DH ran away for a night he comes home says he will explain himself then picks up the phone when his boss calls I mean who is more important here"

And eo will answer BC! Divorce Him!
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room