Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
All the fundraising

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 8:45 am
So they raised our tuition.
And charge us a massive building fee.
And now, each school, yeshiva, shul is running Charity/Rayze/Dryve campaigns that they expect all of us to fundraise from all our contacts to reach a goal.

Are there any other solutions? I can't keep begging my family and friends (who are not wealthy) to donate every 2 weeks, the administrators are down my back that I'm not collecting 'enough'.
I know school is expensive. I'm paying full tuition.
But at what point is this whole thing going to just implode?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:14 am
amother OP wrote:
So they raised our tuition.
And charge us a massive building fee.
And now, each school, yeshiva, shul is running Charity/Rayze/Dryve campaigns that they expect all of us to fundraise from all our contacts to reach a goal.

Are there any other solutions? I can't keep begging my family and friends (who are not wealthy) to donate every 2 weeks, the administrators are down my back that I'm not collecting 'enough'.
I know school is expensive. I'm paying full tuition.
But at what point is this whole thing going to just implode?

If you’re paying full tuition then that’s what you’ve done. There’s no harm in other people donating or soliciting donations. People can choose to donate or not.

I sometimes get overwhelmed by the amount of fundraisers this time of year so I prioritize. Also my husband tells me that there’s no harm in what they do and I shouldn’t be critical. He’s right. I solicit funds only for tzedakahs that I feel are extremely important for survival right now. The schools and yeshivas have a wide pool, don’t worry. Reassure the administrators that you’re working hard to pay full tuition and you appciate all that they do.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:21 am
What are the consequences for you if you don't fundraise? Just politely say that your family isn't able to help right now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:22 am
amother Lilac wrote:
If you’re paying full tuition then that’s what you’ve done. There’s no harm in other people donating or soliciting donations. People can choose to donate or not.

I sometimes get overwhelmed by the amount of fundraisers this time of year so I prioritize. Also my husband tells me that there’s no harm in what they do and I shouldn’t be critical. He’s right. I solicit funds only for tzedakahs that I feel are extremely important for survival right now. The schools and yeshivas have a wide pool, don’t worry. Reassure the administrators that you’re working hard to pay full tuition and you appciate all that they do.

I wish it worked like that for me.
We sign tuition contracts and agree on building fee amounts before the school year.
Then in December they call a mandatory meeting and announce that they're having a fundraiser event. Every family MUST try to collect $2000 or $5000 or whatever.
And then they call and harrass why aren't you getting enough?
I send the link to my contacts but they are all too overwhelmed from their commitments to give more than an occasional $18 donation.
And my kids are in 4 schools.
Then purim time, my bachurim are going to want to collect yet again to be eligible for the prizes.
It's too much.
There needs to be another solution besides raising tuition and having the parents collect.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:25 am
amother OP wrote:
I wish it worked like that for me.
We sign tuition contracts and agree on building fee amounts before the school year.
Then in December they call a mandatory meeting and announce that they're having a fundraiser event. Every family MUST try to collect $2000 or $5000 or whatever.
And then they call and harrass why aren't you getting enough?
I send the link to my contacts but they are all too overwhelmed from their commitments to give more than an occasional $18 donation.
And my kids are in 4 schools.
Then purim time, my bachurim are going to want to collect yet again to be eligible for the prizes.
It's too much.
There needs to be another solution besides raising tuition and having the parents collect.

The key word is try. Let the criticism wash off your back. People are allowed to be upset. But you don’t have to internalize their feelings. You’ve explained yourself once, that’s it.

mha3484

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:25 am
Op that is not ok. I agree with you and would be super upset. I have give or get obligation for my boys school BUT you know what it is when you sign your contract in the summer before school starts. Springing it on you after is not nice.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:26 am
I wish they would show where the money went. The past 2 years my sons schools raised 2.5 million dollars each year in fundraising. Tuition still went up. They still complain they need money. Where did those millions you raised go? And that's on top of all the covid money they got.

mha3484

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:34 am
My boys yeshiva also raised a lot of of money the past few years maybe its the same school as mistyrose but tuition didn't go up by major numbers so maybe its not. B"H they made some really necessary hires and bought a building for the early childhood. So I can see where the money goes. I'm sure there are parents who are very financially comfortable and the school calls them and asks to help out but not the whole parent body. People would be really upset.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics