Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Cricut accessories

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 9:31 am
Bought my daughter a Cricut for chanuka - would like to get her papers and supplies so she can start using it. Checked Amazon and there are so so many options. Can someone recommend good supplies/ links /companies that I should buy? Ty!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 9:31 am
Got her the explore air 2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 8:14 pm
Bump??

4sure

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 9:47 pm
You need a little of the vinyl paper or htv depends what she’ll want to start doing. The Amazon brands some are better then others. I got a cheap cricut pack of lots of colors recently

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 9:49 pm
Get her permanent vinyl and HTV vinyl
A pack of tools
Mats
Transfer paper
Not sure what she will be doing with it but make sure you have space for supplies. I have two huge bins full of stuff.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 10:09 pm
Firstly, make sure you have cricut mats. Unless you have the new model that doesn't need a mat, and you're buying only materials that are compatible with that feature.
You need heat transfer vinyl (HTV) if she wants to do personalized anything on fabric. It irons on. I have this pack. Lots of colors. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088.....ss_tl
I also have this glitter HTV. It's great quality. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081.....ss_tl
She would need permanent vinyl if she wants to put stuff on either plastic, metal (stainless water bottles), glass or things like that. I've used "Oracel 651" for permanent application... I have a big roll of black and small roll of gold and silver. It comes in lots of other colors.
If she’s into making cards and things like that, you can get her a pack of good quality cardstock in different colors.
Edited to add basics you need.
Weeding tool- dollar tree has a pretty good one.
Transfer paper. You can get repositionable contact paper. It's basically the same thing and usually cheaper. It's used to apply sticker vinyl. HTV comes on a backing already
Scraper tool to get the sticker type of vinyl adhered properly. I happen to usually use an old credit card for that even though I have a scraper, so you can technically use that, but it is a basic tool.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 11:12 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
Firstly, make sure you have cricut mats. Unless you have the new model that doesn't need a mat, and you're buying only materials that are compatible with that feature.
You need heat transfer vinyl (HTV) if she wants to do personalized anything on fabric. It irons on. I have this pack. Lots of colors. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088.....ss_tl
I also have this glitter HTV. It's great quality. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081.....ss_tl
She would need permanent vinyl if she wants to put stuff on either plastic, metal (stainless water bottles), glass or things like that. I've used "Oracel 651" for permanent application... I have a big roll of black and small roll of gold and silver. It comes in lots of other colors.
If she’s into making cards and things like that, you can get her a pack of good quality cardstock in different colors.
Edited to add basics you need.
Weeding tool- dollar tree has a pretty good one.
Transfer paper. You can get repositionable contact paper. It's basically the same thing and usually cheaper. It's used to apply sticker vinyl. HTV comes on a backing already
Scraper tool to get the sticker type of vinyl adhered properly. I happen to usually use an old credit card for that even though I have a scraper, so you can technically use that, but it is a basic tool.

Thanks this was very helpful

imajewmarried

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:36 pm
Check out be between carpools. Has a whole guide
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children