Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
War, day 294

sequoia

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 7:00 am
It’s a sound that can’t be confused with anything else.

THUD.

And then you know.

Your subconscious knows, before you do.

In the land of sleep, there is a disruption, and your dreams turn into a confused jumble of images and questions. Was it a hit, God forbid? Or did our air defense get them? How close? Based on the deafening THUD that woke me from a sound sleep, very close. Could it be something else, my subconscious pleads with my consciousness? Could it a car backfiring? The garbage trucks? (That was my first desperate thought in the morning of February 24 — garbage trucks).

Eventually the jumble of images ceases and I go back to sleep, forbidding myself to turn on my phone. Turning on my phone makes it definite. Time enough to find out during the day.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 7:20 am
Wow. Is it already 294 days of this ridiculous war? It must be so difficult. I hope it ends well, and soon.

sequoia

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 10:09 am
13 Iranian drones were shot down over Kyiv today.

sequoia

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 7:04 am
I didn’t sleep last night at all because my psyche kept interpreting the snowplows as more rockets. I was terrified. Finally turned on my phone and nope, no air raids. But I couldn’t go back to sleep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club