Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Bnos maarava mother's helper
Previous  1  2

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 12:03 pm
that's still significantly cheaper then going as a camper...

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 12:23 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Sure, why not free labor, let's also charge since we're giving you the opportunity to work for us.... sarcasm alert!
I think it's a huge chutzpa all those camps that charge a fortune and don't pay their staff!
To make a mother's helper pay $950 is totally outrageous!!
Just my opinion!!

How would it work out if they charged them the regular camp fee, and then deducted the going rate per hour of babysitting? I have a feeling the girls come out ahead....

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 1:36 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Sure, why not free labor, let's also charge since we're giving you the opportunity to work for us.... sarcasm alert!
I think it's a huge chutzpa all those camps that charge a fortune and don't pay their staff!
To make a mother's helper pay $950 is totally outrageous!!
Just my opinion!!

There are way more hours that they're doing camp activities, eating, going on trips, getting swag etc
I don't think it should be free at all but I wasn't prepared for an extra $300 this year from last.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 1:38 pm
Chayalle wrote:
How would it work out if they charged them the regular camp fee, and then deducted the going rate per hour of babysitting? I have a feeling the girls come out ahead....

Well usually the parents pay for camp 😉
Girls also usually get a nominal tip at the end.
So they work for 50 let's say and the opportunity to go to camp which they might not have had otherwise.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 7:45 am
Did anyone on the waiting list get in as mother's helpers yet?

Tova

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 8:30 am
Did you specifically tell them that you want to be a mother's helper after being told you were wait listed?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 8:32 am
Delete

Pearlgem

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 4:41 am
royal blue, wandering what summer plan did you decide on for your 14 yr.old daughter in the end...?

My daughter can be described exactly how you described yours...I'm still looking for something for her in august.

We do live in israel though...but she is totally bilingual, has been to the states and gets on great with all ages! She's a great all-around kinda girl bH!

Probably not realistic at this point to find anything...but sometimes things can change last minute.

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 5:05 am
amother OP wrote:
But did that girl still feel part of the camp or she had a bad time?

To be honest? No!
I was a mothers helper the first year I went to camp and I don’t think I’ll ever live down the shame, and this was over 20 years ago.
After that year I went back as a regular camper then staff for many years. I couldn’t believe my mother had done that to me, to be honest, just to save a few bucks. I would have rather stayed home and gone to a day camp

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 5:58 am
Perhaps grass is always greener on the other side.

And 20 years later...experiences evolve
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children