Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bread machine with a short (<hour)dough or pizza dough cycle

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 16 2022, 10:13 am
Our bread machine finally kicked the bucket. Last time we thought it was going to die, I researched new bread machines and found that almost all of them have dough cycles that are very long (like 1.5 to 2 hours). Since the primary use for our bread machine is to make pizza dough for supper or challah dough for shabbos, I need a bread machine that has a short dough cycle (like less than an hour)
Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! Very Happy

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 16 2022, 10:19 am
Mine has a 1 1/2 hour cycle for dough, but I take my pizza dough out afte an hour with no issues.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Dec 16 2022, 11:55 am
I am just curious. What is the advantage of using a bread maker over a kitchenaid to prepare dough?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 16 2022, 11:58 am
With the bread machine, you can dump in the ingredients and forget about it. Also, it keeps it at a warm temperature which is optimal for rising. So that when the dough comes out of the bread machine it is ready to be shaped and left to rise. When you make dough in a kitchenaid, it is much more hands-on and you have to let it rise twice.

thanks

Post Fri, Dec 16 2022, 12:34 pm
My bread machine needs the dough to a really smooth texture. It also has a timer, so I can put the ingredients in the machine in the morning, and set it so the dough is ready when I come home from work. (on some machines, the timer doesn't work for dough cycle.)

The 1.5 hour cycle includes the rise. So take it out earlier for pizza if you want.

tichellady

Post Fri, Dec 16 2022, 12:34 pm
the last thirty minutes is just for rising. I do think it needs the rise though

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 4:25 pm
thanks wrote:
My bread machine needs the dough to a really smooth texture. It also has a timer, so I can put the ingredients in the machine in the morning, and set it so the dough is ready when I come home from work. (on some machines, the timer doesn't work for dough cycle.)

The 1.5 hour cycle includes the rise. So take it out earlier for pizza if you want.

What model do you have?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics