Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
American Idol 7
Previous  1  2  3  4

ny21

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 10:02 pm
and the winner is David Cook -I thought he would win

greenfire

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 11:39 pm
I cried when they sang

"teach your children/parents well ... doncha ever ask them why ... if they tell you you would cry ... so just look at them and sigh igh igh and know they love you ... " Music

a song I sang to my dd's friend ... not long before he died - a sad reminder ...

why are songs like that Crying Crying

chillax

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 1:19 am
WOOHOO!!!!! Thumbs Up

ny21

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 9:57 am
way to go DAvid

amother

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 3:18 pm
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

manhattanmom

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

I'm not at all! I think that David A. seemed a bit fake if you ask me--and from the fact that his father was asked not to come backstage because he's a horrible stage dad it's obvious that he was born into this and has not had much of a life. He's in High School and yet his "most embarrassing moment" occurred when he was asked to sing at an event...Yes, he has a great voice but not much of a developed stage personality. And he will have a good singing career anyway.
David C. deserved it--he earned it!

cindy324

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 3:26 pm
There has been a lot of talk lately about the show being somewhat fixed. Don't know if I believe that , but I did read some articles on Archuletta being the producers' fave, and how he could no wrong, UNTIL....

Daddy started acting like a primadonna on behalf of his son. There was plenty written about him demanding stuff, always being backstage, harrassing the producers with this and that, wanting David to always sing in the most coveted spot (I believe that's the last one to sing), trying to change some of the lyrics to songs, etc.

I think all that negative publicity affected the viewers votes, and they started to lean towards Cook only in the last couple of weeks.

Also, I didn't realize this, but my friend pointed it out, that when Ryan was about to announce the winner Archuletta started to slightly step forward as if he was totally sure he was the winner, especially after Ryan said that the winner won by over 12 million votes.

I think Cook was just as surprised as Archuletta (and no doubt , his father) was.

cindy324

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 3:28 pm
Oops, posted the same thing manhattanmom, at the same time. Sorry!

greenfire

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 3:34 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Oops, posted the same thing manhattanmom, at the same time. Sorry!

hey every opinion counts ... even if I forgot to vote ...

I still think A was adoreable and would have liked to see him win ... although I think originally it was michael jon ...

didn't have patience this year to keep up with all the shows anyways ...

what about exploiting the poor idiot ... did he win for the worst song "he's my brother" ... embarrassed

cindy324

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 4:16 pm
Quote:
what about exploiting the poor idiot ... did he win for the worst song "he's my brother"

He was so annoying! I think it was totally unnecessary to bring him back.

Noe George Michael was awesome...

Music No , we're never gonna dance again, guilty feet I've got no rhythm Music , though it's easy to pretend, I know you're not a fool"

Music Wake me up , before you go-go...

Can you tell I used to be a WHAM! fan LOL Yes, from a very young age!

square_peg

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 4:54 pm
I think David Cook appeals to more generations. If David Archulleta would win he'd be a Miley Cyrus / Jonas Brothers type of singers. More geared for preteens and early teen age range.

David Cook's song after he won was great.

square_peg

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 4:55 pm
You are my brother... your best friend forever... I can't get this stupid song out of my head

mumoo

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 5:19 pm
Im thinking of changing my screen name to renaldo lapaz
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Nervous Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Nervous Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

that was one of the best auditions ever.

from reading the rest of this thread im getting the idea that they brought him back for the last show. I can't wait til tonight. dd and I have been waiting to watch because of sefira.

even tho I now know who won, it'll still be good to watch- I have been a Cookie fan since his audition-and his amazing rendition of a queer Lionel Ritchie song earlier on. Totally the more talented.

Mishie

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 3:27 am
Little David Archuletta must be devestated!!!

(I still think he's a real sweet-heart, and hope he continues his singing career).

Tila

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 1:48 pm
Canadian Idol just started. Whatta hoot!!! I also love so you think you can dance. I usta dance.....

anon

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 2:06 pm
cindy324 wrote:

Also, I didn't realize this, but my friend pointed it out, that when Ryan was about to announce the winner Archuletta started to slightly step forward as if he was totally sure he was the winner, especially after Ryan said that the winner won by over 12 million votes.

OK, this is why ppl can't believe everything they hear or read. Poor David Archuleta is a victim of motzi shem rah since this bit of lashon isn't even true. I just watched the clip, and he did not make any hint of a movement forward throughout the entire announcement.

Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=erU39_3S79A

And yes, I wished that David A. won. But it doesn't really matter so much because he'll be successful regardless.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics